kilmore area, and tramore screeming reels, 18th/19th april

OLd Boat Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

kilmore area, and tramore screeming reels, 18th/19th april

Postby screeming reels » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:35 pm

People:nevskibb and myself

Duration:7 hours ( had to be cut short due to nevskibb recieving special award from RNLI!!, it was so secret he didnt know himslef!!)

Tide:flooding to high and 2 hours ebb

Weather:wonderful, bright sunshine, light s/e wind

Bait: rag, mack, crab

Rigs:t-bar, special ray rig!!

Results:thornback ray, spotted ray, plaice, dabs, dogfish, cod, pouting,ballans, cuckoo wrasse, whiting

Report:Set out for the kilmore bay area, ( have to keep location secret, if not the area will be cleaned within a couple of days)
decided to anchour as the drift was 1.2 kts and had amazing results, first five fish in the boat within 10 mins were, thornback and spotted ray, dog, plaice and dad.
The fishing was fast, with plenty of ray coming to the boat, not big, to 4lbs, but very frequent, coupled with the odd plaice and dab made for a great session.
Also had an evening session tonight in the tramore area, and had 10 thornbacks to 14lbs in a matter of 1 hour, just before high water, great fishing.
regrds
screeming
Attachments
spotted ray.jpg
spotted ray.jpg (83.09 KiB) Viewed 916 times
screeming reels
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 82 times

kilmore area, and tramore screaming reels

Postby Pat » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:34 am

That's great fishing - well done.

BTW what's exactly a t-bar rig?
Pat
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 113 times

Postby yappo » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:16 am

Well done screeming sounds like a brilliant session. Will be searching for that ray spot up our way soon will let you know if/when I find it. :lol: :lol:

Yappo
Sunny SouthWest
yappo
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 70 times

Postby Mr_Green » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:29 am

t bar is prob a double spreader? nice fishign screemin... well done on the ray,and nice 1 for bein so cautious regarding locacation.. ive heard they are strippin the ray ouuta the bay at the min... :evil:
Mr_Green

WATERFORD

Postby barry murphy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:25 am

well screeming.
im going to have to take time off work and start spying on ye find these marks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .great fishing whats the t bar rig?your right to keep it to yourselfs see tramore bay nets have all the ray gone :evil: :evil:
barry
barry murphy
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 22 times
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kilmore Area Report

Postby JimC » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:26 pm

That's lovely fishing guys!
That's what you get for fishing with a star Martyn! Between TV interviews, rescue clips, roadshows... next we'll have Nev Tv... :D

Looks like the inshore fishing far better than the offshore. The wrecks are hard work at the moment. Cork harbour hasn't kicked into gear yet
JimC

Have thanks: 922 times

Postby screeming reels » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:07 am

Nice one jim,
Sometimes i feel humble to fish with such a star as nevskibb,!!!
Watch out henry gilby and john wilson!!! if only they could get as much airtime as nev!!
Seriously, the man deserves all the praise he gets, i for one would'nt put myself in harms way as much as he does in the persuite of saving people.
fair play to him
regards
screeming
screeming reels
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 82 times

Gracious

Postby JimC » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:52 pm

That's very gracious of you Martyn!
I distinctly remember a late night in Guileen and something like "pilots do all the real work, if the others didn't have the taxi service they'd not be able to do anything..." :lol:

Seriously though, great work all of ye do in the SAR team, yes including Barry!
The safety lectures are a great departure and it's good to see the Coast Guard raise their profile.
JimC

Have thanks: 922 times

Postby nevilleskibb » Wed May 02, 2007 8:48 am

Well Jim you know your self after a few beers late at night in Guileen, there can be a mighty lot of gibberish talked about.
I wouldn't listen to half of it. After all isn't that where all the big ones are caught! :lol:
Species 2007: Cod, Pollock, Coalie, Dab, Plaice, Flounder, Thornback Ray, Spotted Ray, Ling, Pouting, Cukoo Wrasse, Ballan Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Poor Cod, Whitting, Mackerel, Lsd, Bullhuss, Gar, Conger, Launce, Grey Gurnard
nevilleskibb
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports