Donaghadee Pier 29/6/04

Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:27 pm

Throwing feathers again, Couple of Pollack, Few Coaly.... and My first 2 Mackeral from the shore this year.... Yay!

fish, where

Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:50 pm

X2, old chap

Did I read some where that you will be fish'en at home this Sunday

3rd July, time and place????
I might just pop up to pester you.

Dave

Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:09 pm

It truely depends on wherether I can get to the tackle shop, Need some weights and the good oul' Rig 66's... I'll post on Saturday evenin as to my intentions, so dont plan anything round it!!! Weather also looks 'interesting' for weekend!, lol! But I looked at it tonight.... In the Middle of a rather nice Large Thunderstorm.... Place looked great.... Pity I use a 14ft electricity conductor to cast!!!

Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:40 pm

hacksaw could fix that 14ft electricity conductor

make it the same as mine 13ft 6

check again on Saturday nite, what weights do you need???????????/

Dave

Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:20 pm

Im using the K2 so Im on 3's and 4's.... Can throw them furthest... Got to the tackle shop So I'll probably be down... though have to fishing 1 hr up and 2 Down.... Tides are 12.42pm High.... or 00.07am, which aint happening.... So I'll be down @ 11.30ish Weather/Wind/Transport permiting! lol.

Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:17 am

Not fishin tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful girl met tonighjt in bar, got number, must go talk!!!

Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:03 am

Dog! :lol:

Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:14 pm

James Nesbitt is correct, well going by the show on telly that he was last in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purgatory! its Donaghadee on a wet day.

When K2 X-steam didn't show.

Fishing was also total cr#p, lost a rig every cast.
Orlock is the place to fish, or so I was told by the harbour master, of course by the time I found this out it were time for home.

This proves that the fishing in Co. Down is total rubbish and any lies that me and K2 say, should be ignored.

Any body want cheap fish'en gear, its consistent "zero catch ability"

Dave
"Beautiful girl met tonighjt in bar"

as seen at the bottom of a pint/ssssssssssssss glass

and they all turn into dogs.?????????? some times

Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:56 pm

1. The Harbour Master of Donaghadee Pier.... Is Hardly on Donaghadee Pier! Never mind the end o' it!

2. A trace a Cast!? Holy s*** were ya fishin' towards Millisle!!???

3. Everywhere has bad days!

4. We fished the Dee tonight, Had Loads of Pollack and Coalys! Hell I was hauling them in, in 2s and 3s.... !!!

5. I was VERY Hungover on Sunday morning..... Bokin rings actually... Yes... I met girl Sunday afternoon, and yes.... Dog.

6. I tend to disagree with you, I believe Down is just too underfished, No1 has given it a true chance, most of the place is STILL virgin territory...

7. ORLOCK!??!?! AS IN ORLOCK HEAD.!!?!??! Jaysus, If you're after Mackeral yes... But everything else is too few and Far between.

Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:20 pm

I never said "The Harbour Master of Donaghadee Pier" I went somewhere else.

The 20+ orther people fishing the pier head caught nowt. I had no orhter choice, but over the back wall.

Don't know which is "towards Millisle!!??? "

WRONG
I tend to disagree with you, I believe Down is just too underfished, No1 has given it a true chance, most of the place is STILL virgin territory...

Have you never seen the boys netting????????????????? fished miles of the dam stuff myself years ago. Hell it only took us 75weeks to wipe out most fish in south down, evey thing, including ones that I am not naming

Dave

Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:10 pm

Of Course, I think you couldnt go to 1 person on this forum without them having seen someone Netting Close Inshore, or doing something else detrimental to the Inshore Environment.

However In terms of serious angling, I believe that North Down, at least is Unexplored! If you look at the report I have to contributed to on Kierans page, You will see lists of fish which I personally have seen off Marks in my Area, Sure, We may not have the same resources as Cork, Kerry and the Atlantic coasts in General, But we have something that we have to work with.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I believe you can get an enjoyable days fishing off the Down Coast....

Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:07 pm

K2, don't forget I know a lot of the netters, U should hear them cry:

I done 15 rings today at X place to X place and never seen a fish, I remember the time it took only 3 rings for a good days pay and a drink for the night.

Any way, e-mail me your phone number "land line only" and I will give you a phone call some night. I pay plenty for my free :o phone calls so I might as well make the best of it.

Dave :P 8) :lol:

Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:47 pm

That'll look good.... I get a phonecall from downstairs.... 'Who is it?', I yell, My Da Replys 'Its Dave from the internet!!!'...
I tend never to throw my home Phone number out.... Even my mates only get my mobile Number for fear of them ringing the house at Obscene hours... One time.... My mate couldnt get home, He was in Bangor, Stone Broke and absolutely paraletic... He rings my Mob (Which I now turn off after 11.30...) and is like 'Mate..... Im Facked............. I cant see............ You should have seen the bird I pulled tonight......' Anyway Im Wafflin... God I wish I had free Phonecalls.... I'd be ringing up everyone at Emap publishing trying to get a job!!! It'd be like 'I Dont care, Give me a place in Improve your Course Fishing Magazine, I'll show Bob Nudd how to Sling 6oz of Lead!!!

And While we're on a fishing Forum... I dont suppose you've ever seen/heard of anyone fishing around Warrenpoint, Namely the Narrows near the fort??

Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:44 am

Thats fair about the phone:

And While we're on a fishing Forum... I dont suppose you've ever seen/heard of anyone fishing around Warrenpoint, Namely the Narrows near the fort??
Unquote

Yip.
What do you want to know???

Dave

Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:05 pm

Species? That'll do, I'll take it from there.... lol...

Was looking at it today.... Remindsme on one of those places Rex Hunt fishes for Snapper.... Very fishy.

Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:39 pm

If you catch any FISH there, let me know, and I will tell you where 9lb bass have been got with rod and line, this year by a local.

I will let you into a wee secert! fish the S side of Narrow Water in the lees

Dave :wink:

Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:54 am

Nerar forgot

Watch out for crocks, rummor has it

they have big teeth

Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:39 am

Duly Noted.

Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:48 pm

But what do I post for the

it ain't easy

Maybe we should just go a-fish'en