Dublin estuaries

Old Shore Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Moderators: donal domeney, saltydog

Dublin estuaries

Postby keo » Mon May 31, 2004 4:17 pm

I was thinking of targeting what look like good tides this week in north dublin, the estuaries at malahide and rogerstown. i was thinking of using some the fly rod, particularly black flies as darkness falls. usually i fish up & down the length of the car park in malahide, but at rogerstown i'm not sure of the best part. can some one tell me where to go from the sailing clubhouse. also can anyone offer any advice on the above plan. i'm eager to pick up some nice fish this week. as you might guess i'm new to the area and have yet to break my duck!
keo

Postby George » Mon May 31, 2004 10:37 pm

George
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 1 time

dublin estuaries

Postby keo » Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:00 pm

thanks George, i had seen that. do you think north or south side of rogerstown is better? what type lures woud people suggest using? are there any sea trout being landed these days in these parts.
keo

Postby George » Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:44 pm

Regarding lures I agree using black lures as the light is fading would work. Typical bass lures include the Rapala J-13b, Yo Zuri minnow, storm chug bug or try the storm wildeye casting shads. You can catch sea trout at Cush point which is the channel behind the clubhouse at Sutton Golf Club.

You could always try where this guy is fishin, he had some crackers :lol: :lol: :lol: [img]http://www.jmanx.com/images/funny/fishing.jpg[/img]
George
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 1 time

Return to Archived Shore Angling Reports