Bailey LH Report

Mon May 24, 2004 3:17 pm

Sunday 10am-5:30pm

Fished the left side of the Bailey to start with. With the reports of mackerel being taken I thought I'd try some feathers. Within an hour I had taken 6 pollack, and my nephew who was with me, took a 2lb pollack on feathers, nice fish! Stayed for about another hour and left when 2 guys brought both their wives and kids down. Went around to the city side of the Bailey for the remainder. Using my 2 hook boom, I took 4 dab and 2 doggies. Nephew took a dab and a rather large crab!. baits used were peeler, rag and sandeel. On the way back, had a chat with a couple of lads, one i believe to be George, as It was me who gave him the report on the Pollack :lol: .
Glad to hear you had some luck!

Mon May 24, 2004 10:10 pm

Thanks Wes :D , we figured it was you because you told us about the smoothies off glenaveena, you helped jhon 65 get his 2lb pollack anyway. Were you talking to the guy fishing the city side. He said he had codling and flounder there last week :shock:

Tue May 25, 2004 11:32 am

Was it yourself I was talking to about that?
There was nobody around the city side when we got there.....talking to the chap that lives in the lighthouse, but nobody else apart from yourselves.

Tue May 25, 2004 6:35 pm

Hi Wes it was actually me SOD you were talking to . George was down below on the rocks . Its nice to put a face to the name .

www.cil.ie

Tue May 25, 2004 8:50 pm

I've just had an email from the Commissioner of Irish Light pointing out that the road down is private property and therefore trespass is an issue. Apparently there are clear signs indicating no fishing and no trespass!

There were very nice about it, pointing out that it is a safety issue for them, so in the interest of staying on the right side of the law, the guide has been changed to reflect this. Clealry what you do is your concern but we have to stay on the right side of the laws of the land. Thanks...

Wed May 26, 2004 12:04 pm

Understood.

Yeah, nice to have a face for the name indeed SOD, I'm sure we'll bump into each other again!