Darby's hole location

Old Shore Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Moderators: donal domeney, saltydog

Darby's hole location

Postby Adrian » Thu May 20, 2004 3:30 pm

Hi,

I'd been searching for the location of Darby'd hole as well and after failing to find it last year, I searched the web, I found the following info:
Darby's Hole - Cove
Map coords:
8 27 59
54 28 13

I checked these out on the ordinance survay and Darby's hole seems to be the small cove just east of Illaunee More (Larger of the small islands) on the north west side of Mullaghmore Head. Haven't tried it yet, hopefully this weekend. :D
Adrian

Darby's Hole

Postby kieran » Thu May 20, 2004 3:43 pm

Well done Adrian!

I have heard wonderful reports about the place but no-one ever seemed to know where it was... which is all very dubious! Let us know how you get on, and BTW, how did you find it (if you don't mind telling) ?

Cheers and welcome to the forums
Kieran Hanrahan

Time spent fishing is never time wasted...

2015 targets - a triggerfish, a specimen bass, a three bearded rockling to complete the set and something big and toothy from certain north Mayo deep water marks
kieran
Site Admin/Owner

Have thanks: 445 times
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Adrian » Thu May 20, 2004 4:12 pm

I did a search for "Darbys hole" on Google and didn't find any info about the location. I tried some of the other search engines and I can't remember which one came up with the coordinates as it was a week or two ago. I only managed to get a map today to check if the coordinates were any where close to Mullaghmore.

I'm new to sea fishing, only been a few times. I grew up in the middle of all those lakes in south Leitrim and they were just too handy.
Adrian

Return to Archived Shore Angling Reports