Inishmore fishing report

Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:56 pm

Was over on Inishmore last bank holiday weekend and got in some lure fishing manly for pollack.First day conditions were good with a little bit of a swell with light winds.Fished for about two hours at the southern most part of the island and just one pollack about 2 pounds to show for it.Moved to the back of the island at a deep water mark and fished there for about 4 hours and again one small pollack and a nice Cuckoo Wrasse was all I caught.Very disappointed with this as I have always caught much better at this mark.The next day went to the other side of the island fished there for about 4 hours in pouring rain and caught 2 pollack and 1 mackerel. I was soaking wet by then so went to the pub for some dinner.Tried the southern back of the island again for a few hours and nothing happening.The next day I went and fished at the wormhole which is in the middle of the island on the Atlantic side.Beautiful spot to fish from.Caught 4 pollack there with the best been just over 6 pounds.First time fishing there so don’t know how good this spot can be.Fished it on the ebb.Will time it the next time to fish it on an incoming tide.Tried the back of the island again and caught nothing.This was the worst fishing at this spot that I can remember.I hope it’s not a sign of things to come.The weather for the next day was to bucket down from about 10 in the morning so got up at 5.30 and went back to deep water mark determined to get a decent fish.First cast was a small pollack.Ten mins later was into a nice pollack.Nice to hear the reel screaming with a decent fish.After a good scrap a 6.25 pound pollack was photographed weighed and put back.A few minutes later hit into a small pollack when all of a sudden the rod bent right over and line screaming from the reel.Thought I was in to a monster pollack but then all the weight went and I pulled in half of a small pollack.It mush have been a seal but I never saw one at this mark before.Allthough I have seen them not to far away.Anyway was nice to get at least one decent fish before the rain set in. It started to rain then so decided to pack up and call it a day.If it wasn’t for the two decent pollack this fishing trip would have been poor.Hopefully the next time I’m there the weather will play ball.Thanks guys.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Inishmore fishing report

Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:35 am

Nice report man, looks beautiful out there! Lovely colours on the cuckoo wrasse!

Re: Inishmore fishing report

Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:32 pm

thanks for the report
thats some result on the cuckoo - never got one from the shore