Inishmeain fishing report.

Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:47 pm

Hi Guys was over on inishmeain a few weeks ago.The weather wasn’t playing ball so could not fish where I wanted to.Watched from the top of the cliff for a few minutes and in that time 3 or 4 waves covered the ledge where I wanted to fish(pics down below) so decided to try the opposite side of the island facing Inisheer.Caught loads of Pollock around 2 pounds.Two around 5 pounds and one nice 6 pounder.Fished there about 4 hours and went to the pub for some lunch and a few pints.Went back to the other side to see if it was any calmer but if anything it was worse.Fished the pier facing Inisheer for a hour on the way back and caught about a dozen Macs all a decent size with two of them been very nice size.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Inishmeain fishing report.

Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:52 pm

More pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:53 am

nice report
Jaysus, parts of that west coast are rugged
great pics

Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:54 am

Fair play on the effort, down the rope can be out with a blow - better to be safe than sorry

Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:56 pm

Thanks Guys.Corbyeire it sounds from your post that you might have fished here yourself.If so I would love to hear how you got on.I have fished there myself two times and caught some nice ballan wrasse right at your feet on ragworm up to 4 and half pounds and pollack to about 6 pounds.I mostly fish inishmore straight across from that mark which I know very well.On inishmore it fishes best on the flood about 2 hours or so before high tide or so I have found and just wondering if that is your experience.That is of course if you have fished here.Thanks.

Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:36 am

i was down that rope twice abuot 10 years ago - so not up to date info - had no rag with me so it was pollack the target - rising i found best on mean and oir
have done most my fishing on oir, the small cliffs on the north east end can be savage for pollack and wrasse - and you can stick a bait out on the sand there too
The beaches dont hold much ive found

Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:45 pm

Thanks Corbyeire.I’ve found rising tide the best as well except for one place at the back of Inishmore called Glasson rock where it’s very deep and you can catch at all stages of the tide.Only ever fished Inishoir once and the weather was not great so could only fish near the ship wreck where an old pier was if I remember correctly.Still caught some nice Pollack but by the time I found where they were it was time to get the ferry back.If I’m over there again will try them small cliffs on the north east.I will be over on Inishmore this coming weekend will do up a report.Thanks again for getting back to me.