new swilly beach

Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:01 pm

I had planned on fishing a low water mark near me but I went to bed at 8pm for a few hours and overslept until one am, so quickly got up and dress and headed to a high water mark I was told about. High water was at 6am so I was at the mark and baits in the water for 2.20am, first baits came back after being mauled by crabs so it was cast and rebait every 10 minutes and it didn't take long for the first doggie to find my bait. I thought I was in for a good session but alas it wasn't to be as bites where slow and weed was a problem. I carried on fishing in the hope of my target species, the thornback ray as I have failed to catch one so far this year. Around highwater the weed disappeared and the doggies came on the feed and I managed another 3 in no time, but still no ray. I fished on for a while but baits where coming back untouched so I called it a night or morning and headed back home to get a few hours sleep before the family got up. This seems to be a a nice mark with a gentle slopping beach with a channel about 100yards out, easy to get to and handy parking, I will return to continue my haunt for the elusive ray.

Re: new swilly beach

Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:47 pm

Well done for getting out at that hour.Won’t catch me fishing at that hour although I only lure fish.I can’t bait fish have to keep moving.Keep it up and the Rays will come. :lol: