Antrim rock mark

Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:53 pm

met up with a few mates to fish a rock mark but the spot was already taken so we went on round the coast to a mark which was new to all three of us. It looked great with deep water and sand after 20yards or so but things didn't pan out so well with a net covering the mark so once again we moved on to another mark not too far away. We made the trek to the fishing platform, set up and cast out. We didn't have to wait long for the rods to pull over but it wasn't fish it was the dreaded weed. Not the kelp stuff but the horrible snotty kind that covered hook baits, weights and line the reels and rods got a work out bringing it in. We fished on hopping it would disappear around high tide but it came back with vengeance so we called it quits and walked back to the cars disheartened. It was everywhere as other anglers that my mate spoke to said the same, just clumps of weed, so I would give the Antrim coast a miss for a while maybe next time I will try the swilly again.

Re: Antrim rock mark

Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:06 pm

fair play to you for fighting it across 3 venues - the next decent fish will be all the sweeter

Re: Antrim rock mark

Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:48 pm

[quote="corbyeire"]fair play to you for fighting it across 3 venues - the next decent fish will be all the sweeter[/quote

hope so mate