Galway fishing report.

Tue May 10, 2022 7:38 pm

Hi Guys.This is my first fishing report so bear with me.Was down in Galway the May bank holiday weekend and got in a bit of lure fishing for Pollack.Was useing new jellyworms I had got for Xmas (pics down below)and caught a nice Pollack of 4 and a half pound on the fourth cast.The tide was nearly full out and the place I was fishing is better a few hours before high tide.Fished a hour or so more without a hit so desided to move to a deep water spot 20 minutes away that I have caught some nice Pollack before.Was the right move as I was into fish from the first cast.Pollack after Pollack up to near Six pounds.Fished there for about 3 hours and caught loads of Pollack of which 4 of them were above 5 pounds and a few Ballan Wrasse and a nice Cuckoo Wrasse on a 42g Sandy Andy believe it or not.So a good days fishing.The last picture of the Pollack by the backpack is one I caught last year at the same spot that was about 8 and a half pound .Forgot to bring the scales with me :( but Measured it against the rod and it was about 74 cm long.Tight lines.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Galway fishing report.

Tue May 10, 2022 10:30 pm

Thats unreal lure fishing, some bonus the cuckoo wrasse, never got one from the shore

Tue May 10, 2022 10:55 pm

Fair play mate! those are some fine fish!

Wed May 11, 2022 4:08 pm

not a bad first report

Wed May 11, 2022 6:12 pm

Thanks Guys.Here is a pic of the Cuckoo Wrasse.Lovely colours on this fish.Forgot to mention all the fish went back. :D .I will be down in Galway in June for a weekend fishing Will let yous know how I got on.Tight lines.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 12, 2022 11:09 am

Great report. Nice fishing!

ESC+RC wrote:The last picture of the Pollack by the backpack is one I caught last year at the same spot that was about 8 and a half pound
Brilliant