A local pier

Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:46 pm

Fancied a go at catching some thronies even though it was early in the year for them but that didn't stop me trying. Had to wait until the wife was finished work, so once I picked her up I packed the car and was away like a shot. This pier that is only 15 minutes drive from my front door so you can guess I was suited and booted with baits in the water by midnight. There was action from the word go with the swillys local crab population making a nuisance of themselves stripping bait which meant I was rebaiting and casting around every 10 to 15minutes. With it being a nice night with little breeze and no rain I fished on until high water baiting with mackerel and squid to try and slow down the crabs feasting. It seemed to work as just before high water I got a couple of doggie rattles but no hook ups I guess the 4/0 hooks where too big for there gobs. I packed up and headed home around 5.30am after enjoying a fishing session even if I blanked again, but don't worry I will be back after those rays again

Re: A local pier

Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:05 pm

Fair play MC
Maybe next time..