Courtown surprise catch

Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:44 pm

Fished Courtown today, bait was Frozen Mac, lug and squid, low water was around 3ish, I got going just before that.
There was some huge waves coming in, wind was a bit of a northerly and the fish where showing from the first cast,
loads of whiting, most in and around 23/24cms, had a few rockling, one half decent flounder and a lovely little turbot, was not expecting that :D was pretty pleased with myself to be honest. Caught him on Mac tipped with squid and on the bass rod he gave a lovely bite. Anyways, good days fishing :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Courtown surprise catch

Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:15 pm

Great catch man they are a stunning fish. Well done

Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:34 pm

Very nice. Fair play. Haven't been out this year yet. Work interfering

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:09 am

kenf41 wrote:Very nice. Fair play. Haven't been out this year yet. Work interfering

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

This working lark is not all it’s cracked up to be, seriously hampering my own chances of getting out as well :D

Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:52 am

hopefully a few schoolies will start showing next few weeks on our " local" spot Greendag, I had a decent Turbo from it too late last year so defo worth targetting them at some stage. See you out there :-)

Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:28 pm

kstaff wrote:hopefully a few schoolies will start showing next few weeks on our " local" spot Greendag, I had a decent Turbo from it too late last year so defo worth targetting them at some stage. See you out there :-)

That’s interesting, never had a turbo at that “local” spot, did have a couple of small Plaice there last year though. Roll on spring, had a decent bass there April last year

Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:56 pm

Looks a good size turbot in the mid 20s - if he wee whats a decent turbo!
well done

Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:04 pm

corbyeire wrote:Looks a good size turbot in the mid 20s - if he wee whats a decent turbo!
well done

Good question, what qualifies as a decent turbo? at 23…and a half cms, thats a pb for me :D

Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:19 pm

Always nice to get something unexpected. "Decent" is relative; a pb is a decent fish for you relative to your previous turbot catches. That would be about 7-8 oz. Also, some areas produce bigger fish than others. Well done.

Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:41 pm

An east coast venue that produces on a Northerly!!! well done lovely Turbo

Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:50 pm

Greendag wrote:
corbyeire wrote:Looks a good size turbot in the mid 20s - if he wee whats a decent turbo!
well done

Good question, what qualifies as a decent turbo? at 23…and a half cms, thats a pb for me :D

My fella that i have no picture of was way bigger :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:12 pm

Greendag wrote:
well done

Congrats

Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:17 pm

Well done nice fish hope a few more around.

Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:06 pm

Well done, cracking fish! Would love to get one someday!