Courtown New Years Day

Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:41 am

Bait
Rag
Frozen mac prawns and 3 year old razor

HW Approx 6pm

Had a trip to Cork planned to try for some cod but with the SW and a lot of rainfall it wasn't screaming cod but then the hotel cancelled due to an outbreak so we decided to hit wexford. Set up and in the water by 2pm. Blowing hard but no weed!! Jackpot. There was heaps of action. Plenty of whiting dogs a rocking. No flats but my first ever Spur. Lovely bite for a pup. Finished up at 7pm after a few big waves came over the wall and we craped our pants. Great little session

Re: Courtown New Years Day

Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:55 pm

Fished there again myself today, for a daytime session I had some amount of fish, dogs, flounder, whiting and a load of dabs. Whiting started getting bigger when darkness came, best was around 30cm, woulda liked to hang on but I had to hit the road at half 5 unfortunately.

Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:14 pm

great to hear a good session

Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:54 pm

Greendag wrote:Fished there again myself today, for a daytime session I had some amount of fish, dogs, flounder, whiting and a load of dabs. Whiting started getting bigger when darkness came, best was around 30cm, woulda liked to hang on but I had to hit the road at half 5 unfortunately.

That's interesting because I was only saying to my friend that you had some good dabs and we didn't have any flats at all.
In saying that i was using 3/0 hooks. I did drop down to 1/0. Great little spot. Hard to believe its weed free

Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:45 pm

doublebubble wrote:
Greendag wrote:Fished there again myself today, for a daytime session I had some amount of fish, dogs, flounder, whiting and a load of dabs. Whiting started getting bigger when darkness came, best was around 30cm, woulda liked to hang on but I had to hit the road at half 5 unfortunately.

That's interesting because I was only saying to my friend that you had some good dabs and we didn't have any flats at all.
In saying that i was using 3/0 hooks. I did drop down to 1/0. Great little spot. Hard to believe its weed free

Yeah, I was getting most of the flats on size 1’s, must have had close to a dozen in the few hours I was there.