Courtown

Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:58 am

Headed down to Wexford yesterday, tried a couple of beaches, Ballyvaldon and tinnaberna, water was very dirty, weed was quite bad, gave up after an hour or so, decided I’d give Courtown harbour a go on the way back up the road.
Tide was dropping, baits were frozen lug, squid, Mac and one frozen peeler I found in the back of the freezer
From the first cast fish were showing, had flounder, dabs (some decent size) whiting, Huss, smallish but gave a good account of himself, and probably a dozen dogfish. Fished around 3 hours, lots of fish, was hoping for a decent whiting, couldn’t get through the doggies though, even took my one and only peeler :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Courtown

Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:25 pm

Fair play on the perseverance - good head of fish, keeps the rod tip going

Re: Courtown update

Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:43 am

A couple of us gave Courtown a go this evening and had plenty fish over 3 hours, couple of small flats and whiting, loads of dogs then was happy to hit a pack of spurdogs, they weren’t huge but they were giving a rod a good rattle, enjoyable session with the rods tips going all evening
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.