Re: SOUTH COAST COD REPORTS 2021

Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:30 pm

Fished the wall at monkstown on the 6th over hw, 6 rods, 2 small poorcod for our efforts. poor result too

Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:38 pm

And Is it just me or is there a serious lack of whiting and coalie this year too

Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:55 pm

Hearing of plenty whiting recently in Cobh

Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:41 pm

Cork sea anglers yesterday 2 whiting over 25 cm. 12 anglers out.
Harp Bar today 24 anglers no fish over 25cm both comps fished on the flood fish disappeared when the tide turned. Monkstown fished fair on Saturday but poor to day.

Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:05 pm

Fished the mudhole on Saturday last a few flounder and 1 tiny codling very very poor last few times I have been down

Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:23 pm

Anywhere to buy crab fresh or frozen in Cork area? I'm in east cork. Seems to be little bait around fresh or frozen.

Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:23 pm

Fished the Abbey yesterday last 2 hours of the drop not a pick. Went to Ferrypoint the same story. Saved the blank with a 29cm flounder at the carpers.
Plenty of angler telling me about been told of some one who heard of somone who heard somebody got cod in Youghal.
It's along time since I've seen it that bad.

Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:53 pm

It would appear the saints have left the abbey. What do you put it down to? Not even 0.25lb exist up North this last 5 years, maybe the trawlers have cleaned out the whole country.

Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:47 am

The cod fishing is slowly getting worse as the years go on this year possibly the worst

Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:46 pm

Nothing to on Wednesday so took a trip to Youghal. the plan was the Abbey but the council had the road closed. Went on to Ferrypoint had two rods out 3 casts with both rods. Not a touch bait been cleaned by crabs.
Is it down to the warmer weather or has the persistence potting of crab depleted the food stocks.

Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:33 pm

Absolute zero fish of any description on the west Waterford beaches the last 2 weeks ,any fella I talked to says the same ,whatever is going on ,

Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:25 pm

I'm still hearing reports of fish been caught at Youghal in darkness. The winds are picking up on weds so I might give the beach a bash.

Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:55 pm

So, a lady goes into the fishmonger, Could I have two cod fillets please.
I’m sorry Madam, we have no cod, perhaps you could try some haddock?
No, I want cod, two cod fillets please.
Sorry, there is no cod, would you think of trying some whiting?
No! I want cod, give me two cod fillets.
But I’ve just explained that there is no cod, have you ever tried ling?
No! No!! I WANT COD. TWO COD FILLETS!!!!!!
Madam, take the “r” out of “friend”, what do you get?
Erm, “fiend”?
Correct, now take the “s” out of “haste” and what do you get?
Erm, “hate”?
Correct. Now take the “f” out of “cod” and what do you get?
Erm, there is no “f” in “cod”!
Exactly Madam, that’s precisely what I’ve been trying to explain to you!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:00 pm

Fished Youghal beach last night. Conditions were flat with only 2 waves breaking at most of the time.
First cast a 5 bearded rockling never a good sign when the slug are out and about. Busy enough end with 7 or 8 dogs not a sign of a cod.

Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:34 am

Fair dues Donal looks like you sure gave it a proper go for the cod.