Arklow & North Dublin

Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:28 pm

Arklow
Bait: ragworm, Sandeel, crab, lug
Weather: Scorchio!
Wind, sight north easterly
Tide: low to high
Fished Arklow on Tuesday, weather was lovely, fishing was terrible 6 hrs from about 3:30pm till 9:30pm, no fish, first time I’ve never blanked there, drove home, punched the cat and kicked the dog up the arse, drank a few cans and contemplated throwing my rods in the bin. ( only joking, no animals were harmed :D )

North Dublin
Spinning rod,
Lure, white savage gear 28gram
Thursday night, decided on a quick spinning session at my nearest estuary, got going about 7:30pm just at low water, about an hour in just as the last of the light faded got a great hit on the rod and a nice bass was landed. These bass hit different on the light gear :) could see myself getting into this lure fishing lark.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Arklow & North Dublin

Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:03 am

Nice Bass!! Surprise about Arklow usually get doggies at least.

Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:14 am

Ah ya got one! fair play man! It's definitely a lot more exciting to feel the bass take :D

Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:05 am

Blanking at Arklow is almost impressive! That bass must have made up for it though!

Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:13 am

Is that lure the Savage Gear seeker? I used one last week, they cast some disatance !

Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:10 pm

shortcircuit wrote:Is that lure the Savage Gear seeker? I used one last week, they cast some disatance !

Yeah, that’s the one

Gonzo wrote:Ah ya got one! fair play man! It's definitely a lot more exciting to feel the bass take :D

I’ve got a few on the lure rod this year, thanks for the tips btw :D

Dave F wrote:Blanking at Arklow is almost impressive! That bass must have made up for it though!

damn impressive if you ask me :D probably wouldn’t have bothered if I had known it was gonna be a north easterly wind, I’ve never found it great like that