Days in Kerry

Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:45 pm

Credit where its due, Chuckaroo gets me off my lazy arse to go fishing.
He has wanted a stinger for a while so it was off to Kerry again - We had mixed results in July but a plan was hatched and off we went with endless hours planned
Chuck had his eye on a mark for some time with a grueling walk and scouted it out a number of days before i arrived - he fished it the day i was arriving and got an undulate and few dogs for his trouble

I was half relieved he didnt get a stinger - otherwise that walk would be on the cards again!!!

He gave the fluff chucking a go after with no joy and then i turned up - with a trade off on food and easy fishing versus - hard angling in wind and potentially rain
as it turned out the lazy option was good as we got nothing - an executive decision was made to hit a pub for last orders and i went off to a different bar than he suggested but in that solid irish tradition, chuck ended up there too

2 glorious pints and with the weather forecast deteriorationg chuck made the decision to have a lie in - he had 3 sessions under his belt and fish caught so the twitch wasnt there
me on the other hand it was up early - head into the SW gusts and pier fishing - alas another blank - but didnt get as drenched as i thought

The weather changed quickly in the afternoon and off to an estuary mark - crabs were well fed, but no fish again for 3 hours

then off to the stinger mark for night - and luckily for me about 2hours in i got my first undulate - only after 7 trips to kerry and god knows how many sessions at this stage :!:
grand job i could rest easy - who cares about the stingers....well actually chuck does :twisted:

so up again early and back to the same spot - two false alarm doggies for chuck - but no joy on the stinger front - another blank for me - theres always next year :mrgreen:

anyways we decamped to a lovely delacatessan and had some great seas food and coffee and rejoined the non-angling world where mac stench is frowned upon
chuck had his 5 hours home and i took on the measly three

heres to the next trip - i must remember to look up from my bait prep - i miss all the lovely scenery
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Days in Kerry

Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:16 pm

Those undulates are really stunning, great report!

Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:08 pm

Nice report! Pity about the stingers!

Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:44 pm

Lovely looking fish and it sounds like you had a great time, well done lads. That’s fishing, we all must be a little mad to keep going out blank after blank, but then we catch a fish and it’s worth every drenching, freezing, and getting blown out of it :)

Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:14 pm

Well done on the undulate Corbyeire, another new ray species this year. Yeah, some great scenery down that way, it can offset blanks, soakings and hours of frustration and if you're into seafood, that helps too.

Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:24 pm

Lovely part of the world to fish, I was on holidays there last week and got in a quick session. The scenery was so spectacular I had to stop and tell myself how lucky I was to be fishing in such a beautiful spot. I didn't blank either which made it all the nicer

Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:53 pm

Nicely put corbyeire
Very enjoyable few days in The Kingdom as usual. Might give the Bates Motel a miss next time though lol ;)
Lovely undulate 8)
Will get a stinger yet..

Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:40 pm

chuckaroo wrote:Nicely put corbyeire
Very enjoyable few days in The Kingdom as usual. Might give the Bates Motel a miss next time though lol ;)
Lovely undulate 8)
Will get a stinger yet..

:lol: forgot about that excellent advertisement for how not to run a business that involves the public :!: