Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:39 pm

Nice bass from a North Dublin beach Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: North Dublin

Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:17 pm

Ah nice man, them plugs are lethal! :D

Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:28 pm

Got one myself this morning,first spinning session this year, bought a few fancy lures the last couple of weeks, caught him on metal lure I got on Wish
Think I was too hyped, made a mess of the pic :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:14 pm

Put any lure in the right spot on the day they’ll take it ,got mine on a fake shallow from Ali express ,doesn’t cast as well but action is the same ,plenty of bass were caught years ago on lures we wouldn’t bother with now ,most people are paying a small fortune on the latest wonder lure .kosters,German spratt ,and Toby’s caught fish ,I even heard of bass being caught In malahide estuary on trolled homemade sandeels made from electric cable outer covering ,I also saw a full house of bass on white mackerel feathers

Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:27 pm

eoghanb wrote:Put any lure in the right spot on the day they’ll take it ,got mine on a fake shallow from Ali express ,doesn’t cast as well but action is the same ,plenty of bass were caught years ago on lures we wouldn’t bother with now ,most people are paying a small fortune on the latest wonder lure .kosters,German spratt ,and Toby’s caught fish ,I even heard of bass being caught In malahide estuary on trolled homemade sandeels made from electric cable outer covering ,I also saw a full house of bass on white mackerel feathers

Agree, I’m sure these new lures are excellent but years gone by they weren’t around and people still caught bass. I was bait fishing last night ( caught pin whiting) and I seen a lad take a bass on an orange Toby,
Was picking out a few lures to take this morning and found that orange metal yoke and decided it’d worth a go :D

Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:55 pm

Well done Eoghan, nice fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:03 pm

Nice bass and cheers for the heads up on the lures.

Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:49 pm

Btw I meant to say lovey bass there Eoghan before I jumped into your thread with my little report :D seeing as I was fishing North Dublin didn’t see the point starting a new report.

Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:26 am

Grand job grommit!