Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:24 pm

Arklow
Weather, not great, northerly wind
Tide: around high water
Bait: rag, Mac, squid & crab
Results: tub gurnard, baby smooth hounds & a little tope
Wicklow harbour
Results: whiting &doggies

Decided to head out of Dublin seeing it was a Sunday afternoon and most local spots would have busy with day trippers, no real plan but ended up in Arklow cos it can throw up a bit of everything, was half hoping I might chance a ray but I think conditions had turned against me.
Got fishing an hour and a half before high water and baits were coming back untouched till after the top of the tide, first up was a gurnard, then I had a few tiny hounds, all on rag, finished off with a little tope caught on a Mac/squid combo. Crab baits caught nothing. Wasn’t a great session bu Nice to get 2 species that I hadn’t caught this year, gurnard and tope( even if he was tiny)
Stopped off on Wicklow harbour on the way home, to use up a bit leftover bait, had a couple of whiting and doggies, a few lads fishing there and a had bit of yap with them, one of whom turned out to the one and only “fishface” off here. Sound lads and a bit of craic.
Packed up shortly after as the bites had dried with up the drop of the tide.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Arklow beach & Wicklow harbour

Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:14 pm

Nice session Greendag! Those little tope are great little scrappers :D

Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:48 pm

Was there any macs about. Tried the pier 3 weeks ago and had none. This time last year I had a hape of macs

Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:59 pm

doublebubble wrote:Was there any macs about. Tried the pier 3 weeks ago and had none. This time last year I had a hape of macs

Plenty of lads fishing for’em on Wicklow pier, I didn’t see any caught