75cm Bass

Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:04 pm

So I’ve been concentrating on the Dublin marks for the last few seasons, and have been having some measure of success. This year so far has been a bit hit and miss, but have had some nice fish too. So I finally got everything looking good for a session on Thursday night and I headed out with all my gear, only to discover I had a flat battery, plans messed up LOL
Got the car fixed Friday morning and headed out to the mark for the push of the evening tide. Everything came together and I had a cracking session. First fish at 75cm, had to be double figures, great fight. It took me about 5 minutes to recover her enough to swim off, great to see her go, I was worried she wouldn’t come around. Two casts later I had a 71cm fish, probably 9lb, they were fat fish :) got that one back and was into another good fish that threw the lure just in front of me. Also lost the next fish very close to me, probably 6lb. Had two more fish at 65cm and 63cm. All swam off without any issues.
I recon I could have fished on another 30 mins and probably could have hit more fish, but I just stopped and smiled my head off. The best hour of Bass fishing I’ve ever had, I didn’t want to be greedy :)
All fish fell to an Ima Lipper 90mm shallow diver with an orange belly.
Have very little luck with the plugs the past month prior to this session. Delighted to see the Bass in numbers around Dublin.
Sorry the picture is not great, I was a bit excited and also wanted her back in the water asap.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 75cm Bass

Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:52 pm

Jesus that's a chunky fish! :shock: nice going! :D

Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:17 pm

Thats great fishing nice going darren

Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:33 pm

Thats bass fishing at its best, top job.

Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:23 pm

A dream session there, well done. The width of the back on that fish!

Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:02 am

Thanks lads, it was a great session alright. Really happy to see the fish looking so chunky and healthy, good breeding stock. You know the Bass can be frustrating, so many times they should be there but aren’t or they won’t take, but that all melts away when it all comes together and you hit a fish, gotta love it :)

Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:03 am

Fantastic fishing and great report well done.

Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:20 pm

A red letter day. Deadly

Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:25 pm

Fair play , beast of a fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:48 pm

Cracking bass session,lovely fish and great to know there out there .ive had a few on lures in the estuaries in Dublin over the years, Never anything over 3lb though

Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:02 pm

Wow!!!! That's some Bass, congratulations

Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:46 pm

What a clonker !!!

Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:38 pm

fantastic work! has anyone ever had much luck on bass in any South Dublin Marks?

Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:42 pm

Well done, great report! Delighted for ya!