years in the making

Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:42 pm

I have been waiting to post something right instead of the usual hard fought dog, blank or a decent 32 cm flounder etc. - but it has been dragging its heels :!:

And I feel im just skulking around reading others reports - have to contribute somehow

Going back a few weeks now I got word of spurs showing from the shore and Ian saying get out of work asap and give it a swing - the returns off this particular mark have plummeted over the last 20 years, so i was looking forward to crab feeding on a soft day in a nice location in mild weather

Literally first cast bang bang bang, savage fish on, good take and the fight ensued and then guiding it through the rocks and gulleys - we are nearly there - PING!
hook broken - the kamasan 3/0 not enough - thinking here we go again - the one fish in years and you lose it!!! ffs :twisted:

went to tope trace and 4/0 and within minutes bang bang and my first ever spur was in - ecstatic - been to Norway and NZ and had poor results - these fish close to the front door bet the mammoth trips

went out again bang bang another one bigger again - got in over the rocks and ping! the hook brook again - need to check these traces

in the mean time ian turned up and was on hand when i got in touch with my next and took the picture - bigger than the 1 metre measure, probably a specimen but who cares

ian got the rod out and connected with a bigger one - brilliant

and then....nothing. three more hours nothing to be hit
and out again on four occassions since and no sign!!!

Pure right place right time - remember not in you cant win
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: years in the making

Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:32 pm

Nice bit of fishing there in Sydney :lol: :lol:

Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:20 am

Thats a fair chunk of fish, nice fishing.

Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:46 am

Fair play lad, cracker of a fish :wink:

Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:49 pm

Brilliant, Brian. Am sure that was something me thrill. Lovely fish
A wee bit further from the ‘front door’ then I was expecting but hey ho :))

Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:07 pm

Thanks all - fingers crossed i get a few more decent ones for reports here

Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:58 pm

Great result and report Corbiere, hopefully only the background was Photoshopped? The surprised look on that spurdog, like Kenneth Williams saying "Oooooh, matron!"

Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:29 pm

Gorgeous fish. Can they be found from the shore in winter or late autumn? East or West Coast?

Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:28 pm

Lovely fish! Persistence pays off, well done.

Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:10 am

Cracking fish! Sharks from the shore is hardcore :)

Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:53 pm

johnwest wrote:Great result and report Corbiere, hopefully only the background was Photoshopped? The surprised look on that spurdog, like Kenneth Williams saying "Oooooh, matron!"

It really does look like williams saying that -- weird or what!!!

Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:55 pm

Dave F wrote:Gorgeous fish. Can they be found from the shore in winter or late autumn? East or West Coast?

I would say south coast march onwards and further up the west coast later in late April - dont have a clue about the east coast - sure dont they have enough with the smoothies :lol:

they would be fairly regularly got from the boat on the west coast