Dublin beach, update

Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:27 am

Bait, rag and crab
Wind, southerly
Time, 8:30pm till 12
Results 2 bass, 1 flounder and about 10 hounds

Been out a bit lately but haven’t done a report in a while so here it go’s :D
Hit a north Dublin Beach around half 8, a good surf running and a strong enough southerly wind. Nothing much happening till it was nearly dark. First up was a lovely bass of around 50cms, gave a great little scrap, caught on rag
Then the hounds arrived and it was one after another, at one stage I took in one rod cos both rods kept going off at the same time, I think I caught about 5 hounds on the same crab, freshened up on a bit claw or legs every now and again, it was 2 hours of bedlam :D I stopped counting after 7 or 8. The hounds weren’t massive, best was about 90cms, they were all more or less like the ones in the pics.
Finished off with another bass of about 35cms, again caught on rag. Called it a night after that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Greendag on Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Dublin beach

Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:56 am

Cracking session man! That's a good tip with refreshing the used crab baits with legs/claws :D

Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:08 pm

That’s some session well done.

Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:46 pm

Gonzo wrote:Cracking session man! That's a good tip with refreshing the used crab baits with legs/claws :D

I was down in Wexford last month and picked up a box of claws and legs in the little shop in ballygarett, they’ve been thawed and refrozen about 3 times already, had 4 hounds on Monday night with them as well, :D

nicefish wrote:That’s some session well done.

Thanks lad, local spots I’m fishing you don’t get sessions like that too often

Re: Dublin beach, update

Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:51 am

Had to go back tonight and give another crack with my leftover crab and it was another hectic session, Only set up the 1 rod and had 8 hounds in little over 2 hours, 4 of which were a much better fish than anything caught in the previous session, ranging from 90cms to 98cms but a lot thicker, gave a great auld fight. Anyways I think that’s me for a bit, back to the grind this week :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:30 am

That’s some session!! I’ve still to catch a hound this year. Hopefully this Friday night will produce. Great fish!!

Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:39 am

Great sessions man well done looks like it was very hectic.

Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:50 am

When is the latest in the year people have caught hounds along the East Coast? I'm away until October but really fancy a late go at them too.

Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:55 pm

Dave F wrote:When is the latest in the year people have caught hounds along the East Coast? I'm away until October but really fancy a late go at them too.

The spots I’m fishing around Dublin they seem to moving off in September, maybe other lads here have different experiences and could give you better info

Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:34 pm

Nice. I'll be out later myself. See how things go

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:52 pm

Howye dave ,I’ve got them up until the end of October,but it depends on the water temp ,they do start to head off at the end of September, but on a boat your fishing deeper water

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:11 pm

Lovely fishing. When it's good it's very good in N Dublin!

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:31 pm

Cheers lads. Sounds like I'll likely be out of luck as I'm only really shore fishing. Might see about a late autumn tope down Wicklow though and focus on the cod into the winter!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:44 pm

some quality fishing there.
Very well done.

Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:18 pm

Lovely size to those hounds, awesome stuff.