When: 12/04/2021
Who: Myself
Duration: 20:00-00.30
High Water: Around 12 ish I think
Equipment: 12ft beachcaster. Basic home made 2 hook flapper rigs
My Bait: Fresh Rag
Conditions: Perfect
Result: 1 Flattie, 1 Bass, 1 Bream !

Report: Hi, I don't stick up many reports as blanks are a regular thing. Someone I follow on Instagram was talking about making sure you fish on a full moon, so with a full moon and an incoming tide into darkness last night I got going hopeful for anything. What followed was an hour and half of action. Honestly thought I was dreaming.
15 minutes after 1st cast noticed a few quick taps of the rod. Reeled in a small flattie, Blank avoided! Quick photo and returned.
Flattie.jpeg

Re baited and cast out again. Can only have been 10 minutes and another tap then a much bigger nod of the rod. Reeled into it and fish on, definitely something bigger. I knew by the shake of it couldn't be another flattie. Head torch picked up a bar of silver! As I reeled in further I thought maybe a seatrout. A bass. I danced around, shoes and socks soaked, couldn't have cared less. A few photos and eventually got it recovered to swim away. All the blanks quickly forgotten.
Bass.jpeg

Cast out again not caring if anything else happened, more taps and thought this is mental, 3 casts 3 fish. As I reeled it in thought it was a schoolie bass. Had to look again. A Gilthead Bream. Quick Snap, avoided the sharp teeth when unhooking and away it went.
IMG_2672 (2).PNG

Stuck it out for another hour or so but feet were soaked and freezing. Waders at home in the shed :roll: Hopefully it's the start to a good summer. Tight Lines
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: North Dublin Full Moon Fishing

Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:54 am

Great session there well done!! Write all the factors down and remember them for next set of similar and hopefully repeat this one!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:24 pm

Fair play, great to see a bream being caught off a Dublin beach, haven’t see to many reports of them being caught in this neck of the woods.

Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:50 pm

Excellent session, well done on the bream, hope there's a few more about fabulous fish to catch.

Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:09 pm

nice one! you will be under pressure on your next session to beat it!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:57 pm

and about 50 of us following him Mark :-)

Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:03 pm

Super well done - great result

Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:35 am

Thanks for the comments, couldn't resist going back to the same spot last night. Half an hour in got another Bass on Rag. Roughly 35 - 40cm. Fished on for another hour or so, nothing else. Short video linked below, not great quality. Tight Lines
https://youtu.be/nVXT8Il6tyk

Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:44 pm

Great sessions. Congratulations on the catches. That Gilt head Bream though?
Awesome.

Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:26 pm

Class. Well done

Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:28 pm

Very nice Fish there

Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:53 pm

Well done! Great to see fish like that being caught in north Dublin! I am sure it’s a session you will remember!

North Dublin Full Moon Fishing

Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:00 am

Well done on the bass and great to hear of a Dublin bream - fair play.

(It was a new moon this week though which is better again than a full moon.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:55 pm

that's some fine fishing! never saw a bream being caught N. Dublin! well done

Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:48 am

Serious result, well done!