finally got out

Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:30 pm

well I had about enough so planned an escape to a local north coast beach, after getting some bait mostly from my freezer, I made my way to the mark. The plan was to fish either side of low water for the mythical bass but with a bright moon and a pounding surf my chances where slim. In fact not much happened all night I only got two bites resulting in two flounder at 20cm each. At least I didn't blank which was better than the other two guys fishing as they never had a bite. Must admit it was great getting out again and I hope I can get out again soon.

Re: finally got out

Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:27 pm

Good stuff, least didn't blank. Tried estuary yesterday and not a sniff was on lures doh. Too early I'm sure. Does anyone know when the schooly bass come up around Dublin in decent numbers? End march or end of April?

Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:39 pm

Is a full moon not good for bass fishing?

Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:30 pm

new moon better

Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:38 pm

Great stuff, good to hear that there's a few flounder about inshore. I was aiming to get out on the 27th also, I had dug bait and was ready to go. Had to cancel due to injury. I was aiming for a few flounder and maybe a chance of a Bass. Great to hear people are getting out.
Thanks for the report