Ballinesker beach 12/12/2020

Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:43 am

It's hard to make report about unsuccessful session but I guess I have to push myself to do one in some stage .I started early enough.Beach was full of people and dogs,cuz the weather was nice.As usually first rod went out with pulley pennel rig and other with 2 hook flapper for whatever will be around.Imax bait bag was loaded with everything possible for me to get- fresh lug ,crab ,frozen mac ,sandeel,squid,mussels even prawns.First hour before dark got me small flounder and few tiny pin whiting.As dark comes expected hopes of something turn up dropped every half an hour.Still few pin whiting and most casts bites came back as they where send out.I used every possible single bait i and mixed combos at any distance - no result.Even crabs didn't touched the bite and even mr.dogfish wasn't around.and honestly I can't remember session on east coast without doggie.This is fishing I suppose.May be next time.Tight lines.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Ballinesker beach 12/12/2020

Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:20 am

First off, fair play for posting a report! On tough trips like that I console myself for avoiding a blank and convince myself that it's good to get out at all. With a selection of baits like yours, it would seem reasonable to hope for some decent return. Your pics suggest an almost flat sea whch probably didn't help , as you say ;"maybe next time".

Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:11 pm

The omly good thing about that is you dont sit at home wondering , what did i do wrong ?but when you have a wide selection of bait and try a few different things - its just down to the terrible east coast fishing

Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:55 pm

Fair play for the report, i enjoy reading them even the trip hasn’t been the most successful and as a somewhat inexperienced angler I find them helpful for picking up little bits of info