Antrim rough ground mark

Old Shore Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Moderators: donal domeney, saltydog

Antrim rough ground mark

Postby MC » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:20 pm

last chance to get fishing before Christmas so I took it and headed to a new mark for me but well known to others. Set up with heavy gear and big baits, squid, mackerel, sand eel and lug, on there own or in cocktail. I got a few bites but no hook ups and lost a lot of gear, almost a rig a cast for a while on the distance rod but found a cleaner patch of ground in close. As I said the distance rod got a few bites but guess the bait was too big for little fish as I was aiming for cod or Huss. After a while I decided to change the close rod to a conger trace and try that, only got one hit on that as I was packing up so I bloody missed it. Next trip I will try somewhere else, maybe another mark new to me.

For this message the author MC has received thanks: 3
chuckaroo (Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:44 pm), Daz (Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:41 am), m.b3 (Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:48 am)
MC
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 384 times

Re: Antrim rough ground mark

Postby johnwest » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:00 pm

That was a tough night out; no fish and a lot of lost rigs. Have you ever tried any of those rotten bottom or breakout links that mean you only lose the lead? As for last chance to get out before Christmas, I'm hoping for the all-clear on Dec. 18th!
2013 species; 31

2014 species; 27

2015 species; 28

2016 species; 32

2017 species;28

2018 species; 33

2019 species; ballan wrasse,blonde ray, coalfish, cod, cuckoo wrasse, dab, dogfish, flounder, goldsinny wrasse, ling, mackerel, plaice, pollack, poorcod, pouting, scad, sea scorpion, spotty ray, spurdog, thornback, tub gurnard, turbot, whiting.
johnwest
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 1299 times

Re: Antrim rough ground mark

Postby MC » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:06 pm

johnwest wrote:That was a tough night out; no fish and a lot of lost rigs. Have you ever tried any of those rotten bottom or breakout links that mean you only lose the lead? As for last chance to get out before Christmas, I'm hoping for the all-clear on Dec. 18th!

I was using rotten bottoms but every other cast the hooks caught on the rough ground and I pulled to bend them out but there strong hooks so bye bye rig. good luck on Dec 18th mate wish I could get out again before the 25th but being a postie means I am busier than Santa at this time of year

For this message the author MC has received thanks:
johnwest (Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:52 pm)
MC
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 384 times

Return to Archived Shore Angling Reports