Pre Lockdown West Cork

Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:09 pm

Duration:
Many Hours

Weather:
westerly swinging northwesterly and getting stronger as the day went on. Showers of rain and Sun

Bait:
Mackerel, Squid, Sandeel,

Rigs:
2ft pen pulley, 4/0 bottom and 4/0 circle top.

Results:
Dogs, Thornies, Whiting, mackerel and a strap

A day of targeting thornback ray with some dogs mixed in. The Day started off great with a ray on the first cast which I wasn't prepared for with the camera but this didn't matter as I had a few ray throughout the session mixed with a few dogs, mackerel and one small whiting before heading to the next mark which was the pier down in Dursey. The pier isn't the ideal spot but its the only option I had available with the wind after picking up, first cast resulted in a snag, second resulted in a snag, third also resulted in a snag. The close in rod was quiet with just one strap conger but at least it saved a blank.

If anyone is interested you can see the session here https://youtu.be/v-hFUQq3AWA

Re: Pre Lockdown West Cork

Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:11 pm

Great video... I’m a fan of the uploads. Keep up the videos.

Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:51 pm

Moebaby wrote:Great video... I’m a fan of the uploads. Keep up the videos.

Thanks very much Moe. We Certainly will try

Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:23 am

Class video. Thanks for that. That Mack and doggie hook up was a strange one

Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:28 pm

Had a look at the video and a few of your others, really good quality vids, thanks for posting.

Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:34 pm

Another excellent video James. Well put together and easy to watch.
Nice looking marks there

Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:57 pm

TropicThunder wrote:Class video. Thanks for that. That Mack and doggie hook up was a strange one

Ya that very much confused me too haha. Was delighted to get some fresh bait though :D

Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:58 pm

Greendag wrote:Had a look at the video and a few of your others, really good quality vids, thanks for posting.

Thanks very much. Appreciate the support

Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:58 pm

chuckaroo wrote:Another excellent video James. Well put together and easy to watch.
Nice looking marks there

Thanks Charlie, Maybe think this part of the country instead of Kerry next year :D

Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:25 pm

Great video

Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:54 pm

Theking wrote:Great video

Thank man.