Donegal beaches, September and early oct..

Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:42 pm

A kind of a collection of trips here,, my phone got wet and then my new phone just gave up and so just getting round to recovering some pics.
Myself and Sean have been hitting a lot of the beaches around nw donegal.. with some good results.. we have set ourselves the challenge of a 40cm flounder,, a donegal bass and a big pike from a south donegal lake for this winter..
Other than one of the seatrout, all fish were taken on mackerel on 2hook flappers.. the imax flounder rig has proved to be very effective with its floating beads,, although the hooks wouldn't be to my liking its the best shop bought rig I have used.. all catch and release bar the decent turbot,, he went on the pan
:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MartinC on Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Donegal beaches, September and early oct..

Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:48 pm

A few more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:51 pm

More pics
Last edited by MartinC on Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:56 pm

More

Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:58 am

Great fishing Martin, some of those flounder are crackers, what size is the lid of your tackle box?

Dead right to enjoy the turbot, in my opinion its the most delicious fish in our waters

Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:23 pm

Thanks!!, box is exactly 34cm.. I really should have measured them but have a fair idea when unhooking them on the box. Waiting for the big one before the measure comes out,,, Turbot is tasty alright.

Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:44 pm

Great pics and fishing.Well done.

Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:10 pm

Great fishing lads, over 50 flatties in one day is some result. I need some serious coastal erosion to extend Donegal Bay about 100 miles eastwards!