Skerries & Loughshinny Eging

Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:15 am

Tried Skerries last night again for squid but all of the lights on the harbour were off strangely enough, I tried for about an hour and all I got was a brand new set of feathers with a 3oz lead that someone must have cracked off during the day :lol: After that I went to Loughshinny to see what the light situation was like and it was actually pretty good, the water has way more light on it here than Skerries ever has but what I didn't see in Skerries was that the water was murky brown so probably a bad night for it! I'm going to try Loughshinny again maybe on the next full moon, hopefully the water will be more clear then!

Re: Skerries & Loughshinny Eging

Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:34 pm

The razor boats seem to be fishing between balbriggan and skerries close in the last week or two doesn’t help the water clarity,when the weather was better the water was clear enough for mackerel but not the squid

Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:36 pm

eoghanb wrote:The razor boats seem to be fishing between balbriggan and skerries close in the last week or two doesn’t help the water clarity,when the weather was better the water was clear enough for mackerel but not the squid

Well I really hope I find some success this year, would love to have a nice stock of self caught squid to go with all the lug I'm going to pump and salt with the new bait pump I just bought :lol:

Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:32 pm

Ive a bait pump.
Tried it for an hour
I got three lug and my mate dug about 40 in that time

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:18 pm

kenf41 wrote:Ive a bait pump.
Tried it for an hour
I got three lug and my mate dug about 40 in that time

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I think if you dial it in it can be much quicker and easier!