Back to my best Clare mark

Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:03 pm

Been a while since I posted. Went out last weekend at my favorite mark in Clare with my friends and have good fun while chancing on some silver bars... Ended up in Ennis Tackle shop first to grab a few packs of bait Frozen worm, Frozen Mack & sandeels. We also brought some fresh macks. Managed to hit the mark at roughly 2.5 hours before high tide at around 5.30pm. Setup done and rods out by 6pm. We had 6 rods together with mix of rigs from pulleys, flappers and running ledgers. Weather was a bit rough with very strong winds hitting our face and patches of rain on and off every 15 minutes. It was very difficult to detect any small bite at all with all the wind howling. But with good wind also comes good surf! Within 15 minutes we got our first bite a small Turbot little bigger than the palm of my hand. Then it went quiet on the action for about an hour. 2 rods bent at the same time. One was taken by a Bull Huss and another by a very plump SeaBass. Both were hooked on mack strips. It went quiet for a bit again until we hit high tide when we started hitting Huss 2 rods at a time. It was very busy for about 2 hours considering the weather was deteriorating. We left the rods out all evening before midnight but they were the same as we left them when we woke up in the morning around 5 am. We ended up camping at the mark and leaving the next morning to hit the cliffs for some mack bashing. Overall we got 2 silver bars and several Bull huss, dog fish, small turbot. It was a great session and everyone went home happy. Some photos below of the trip. I took a photo of the guys across a high cliff fishing for macks! By the way all went back to fight another day except for the macks which need to be brought home for the table and use as permit for our next sessions!

Tight lines!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Back to my best Clare mark

Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:43 pm

Great fishing guys and an excellent report. Well done!

Re: Back to my best Clare mark

Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:11 pm

Nice report! That's some height to be fishing from :lol: