Lure fishing for pollock

Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:24 am

Low tide at 09:00 AM
Bait: Lures
Result: 6 pollocks, 2 macks

Finally got a chance to go out to wet some lines and decided on a mark close to home since I didn't want to spend the little time I had driving.
I arrived at the pier @9AM and couldn't believe my eyes how many people were out fishing for mackerel there (must've been 20 - 30 peeps). Some were catching macks but really on the small side.

With crosswind making top half of the pier a nightmare to cast a lure, I moved inward over the rocks and 2 casts later I was into first fish... a small 1lb pollock. Nothing big but hey...it was a fish. Quick foto and back it went. Next cast and I was into fish again...another pollock 1.5-2lb...It'll be an amazing day I thought....but as it happens no more bites for another hour or so. I decided to start moving around and ended up catching another 4 pollocks in between 1 and 2 lbs and 2 pan size macks.
All in all good session.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Lure fishing for pollock

Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:41 am

Grand size pollock. Sounds an enjoyable session.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:07 pm

Nice to see some reports with light gear and lures! Thanks for the report! :D

Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:10 pm

Nicely done florinc
Nice report and pics mate 8)

Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:32 pm

Good stuff. Great way to catch a few fish

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:52 pm

They are fond of the seeker eh!

Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:57 pm

doublebubble wrote:They are fond of the seeker eh!

like you wouldn't believe it...this is what I use 90% of the time and it never let me down. You just need to be willing to jig it very close to the bottom...the rougher the ground the better :D

Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:05 pm

Must have a stroll out the pier! Have one of those I've been dying to try. Rigged with a single as well for fewer snags...