Bass at last - Wexford, 3rd September '20

Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:29 pm

Quick report- yesterday I decided to take advantage of the spring tides and got down to a local digging spot to get some ragworm for a beach session.
After digging I headed a few miles down the estuary to a well known beach mark and started to fish the late stages of the flood after a rest and a bite to eat. I was met with a nice south westerly breeze that kicked up a nice surf. Two rods were cast out, one 2 hook flapper and one pulley rig. The wind proved difficult to cast into but regardless, the first cast of the pulley rig resulted in a little schoolie bass taking the ragworm in close to the rocks. I was chuffed to finally get a bass this year as they were eluding me even though I was fishing the right marks. After a quick photo and a release, I recasted the flapper rig to get a cracking bite which hooked me into what I presumed was a bigger bass of 2 or 3lbs- but it wasn't meant to be as it came off about 20 yards out. Shortly after the surf calmed down as the wind ceased, and so did the bites as my baits didn't receive any other attention for the next 3 hours. A quiet session but perfect for me with the result for the species list. I hope to hit a rock mark tomorrow in pursuit of some wrasse so hopefully my plans come to fruition. Tight lines all
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Bass at last - Wexford, 3rd September '20

Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:47 pm

Happy days
Congrats on your 1st bass
The start of an addiction.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:29 pm

Looks like you had a nice session mate! hopefully you get many more this year :D

Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:42 pm

Well done on the Bass!!! Might catch you down there some weekend during the autumn for a few casts?

Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:58 am

well done getting your bass, fair play for releasing it too.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:28 am

It might be a small school one but a bass is a bass; now for one that's at university, preferably doing a Ph.D!

Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:03 pm

kenf41 wrote:Happy days
Congrats on your 1st bass
The start of an addiction.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Cheers kenf41, was definitely the smallest bass I've ever caught but I was happy to get it checked off the list this year!
Gonzo wrote:Looks like you had a nice session mate! hopefully you get many more this year :D

Thanks Gonzo, hope so too once the weather calms down down here.
Rod Tips wrote:Well done on the Bass!!! Might catch you down there some weekend during the autumn for a few casts?

Cheers G, sounds good. Will be at home for most of my first college year so would def be able to get out
MONKEYwrasse wrote:well done getting your bass, fair play for releasing it too.

johnwest wrote:It might be a small school one but a bass is a bass; now for one that's at university, preferably doing a Ph.D!

Cheers lads, hoping I get the masters graduate bass next time!

Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:36 pm

Well done, it can drive you mad trying for the Bass, but always very satisfying to get a result when you’ve been putting in the work :)

Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:24 pm

Great work Teegerstk! Pity about the big one! Send me a text and let me know how ya got on at the rocks.