The Lions Head Howth - 01.08.2020

Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:12 pm

When: 01/08/2020
Where: The Lions Head Howth
Duration: 08:00-10:00
High Water: 10:19
Equipment: 11ft bass rod with shamrock mackerel basher feathers & 4oz lead.
Conditions: Sunny.
Result: 7 mackerel

Couldn't sleep last night so decided to try catch some mackerel at 7am, I first tried fishing Balscadden rocks where there's always mackerel bashers thinking nobody would be there this early on a Saturday, boy was I wrong, there was so many people there wasn't any space for 1 more.. I've been wanting to try that spot forever but it's always full.. I watched them for a while to see if they were catching anything but didn't see any fish caught. I jumped back in the car and headed up to Bailey Lighthouse, at first I tried scouting out a spot around the lighthouse but it looked a bit too dangerous for me, so Lions Head it was! I scaled the almost 50ft cliff with gear in hand and began casting, not long after I was onto a fish! Ended up with 7 mackerel in 2 hours, so I've finally had a successful session for them and hopefully they stick around :lol:

Oh and I filmed the whole thing!

https://youtu.be/vM-OWztGOCM

Re: The Lions Head Howth - 01.08.2020

Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:18 am

Well done Gonzo! Delighted for ya! Have blanked there many a time. They are coming in, in good numbers on the boats here in Wexford but not many reports from the shore.

Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:33 pm

Well done Gonzo dude.. you definitely put in the hours!

I subscribed to your channel too keep them coming.

Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:36 pm

Cheers lads! :D