Louth Rock Mark

Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:07 pm

Hi,
I haven't posted here in years, usually fish from a kayak. Fished from rocks in Louth yesterday and thought it only right to post something seeing as i get a lot of useful tips from this forum.

Climbed down the rocks trying not to break any bones or rods. Got to my spot and slipped on the flattest rock possible. Bang, sore arse.

Lobbed out some colourful rigs tipped with Rag and 5 minutes in noticed a few shakes on the rod tip. Landed a small cod. Delighted as I've been having fishing nightmares lately.
cod.jpg

After rebaiting left that rod for a while and threw out a Savage Gear Sand Eel with the lure rod. Maybe 10 casts in I got a bite. But at the same time I hear stones hopping behind me. Kids up above firing stones into the water. They hadn't seen me down below so i let a roar at them. In fairness they waved apologies :P
Anyway landed a small pollock. Don't get much on the lure rod so was happy out. Both fish small so returned

Tried for mackerel for a while but nothing showing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Louth Rock Mark

Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:55 pm

Nice little codling there, thanks for sharing :D

Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:15 pm

Fair play. Fished louth all through the lockdown and got nothing

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:37 pm

A cod at any time of year is a welcome sight, nice1..