Arklow

Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:01 am

30th June 4:30pm to 10pm
Arklow south beach then pier
Bait, rag, Mac, squid
Tide, incoming then dropping
Results, 1 small hound, a heap of flatties and dogs

After a couple of quiet local sessions I said I’d bring the nephews fishing in Arklow seeing it normally throws up a few fish, went to collect them but they decided they’d rather chase youngwans up and down the road so I headed off on my lonesome,
I parked the car down the far car park so I could keep an eye on it while fishing, unloading the gear I dropped my bag on ground forgetting my flask was in it, smashed in the bag,no tea for me, not a good start.
Anyways on to the fishing, slow start with only couple of dabs after 2 hours, then as I was about to head up to the pier I caught a small hound, that had me thinking to hang on there for bit, which I did for another hour or 2 then the Feckin rats appeared outta the boulders and were trying to rob my bait, they were brazen, just sitting there waiting for me to to turn my back, i flung a stone at one, I missed and the stone bounced off a boulder and flew up into the car park and missed my windscreen by inches :shock: and with that I decided to head for the pier.
On the pier the tide was on the way out and it seems to fairly rip through there but first cast was a decent dab, then a doggie on my other rod and thats the way it continued for an hour or two, decided to put 1 rod away cos it was nearly a fish every cast.Anyways, not a bad little session in the end apart from the rats and other anglers leaving the pier covered in rubbish unfortunately.

Re: Arklow

Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:04 am

Couple of pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:25 pm

Hard luck with the flask and the rats man haha looks like you had a good one overall :)

Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:53 pm

Busy enough session. There was a few ray taken off that beach last Summer.

Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:07 pm

MONKEYwrasse wrote:Busy enough session. There was a few ray taken off that beach last Summer.

Yeah, I’d like a chance of picking up a a ray. What do you reckon are the best conditions for catching one around there?

Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:58 pm

nice report and pics. sounded like a decent day 8)