Laytown Beach 14.06.2020 - Blank

Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:15 pm

When: 14/06/2020
Where: Laytown Beach
Duration: 16:00-20:00
High Water: 19:10
Equipment: New 15ft shakespear Agility Surf Rod - 1/0 two hook flapper rig with beads/attractors & 4oz grip lead. & 11ft bass rod - 1/0 two hook flapper rig with beads/attractors & 4oz grip lead. Bite detection bells.
Bait: Ragworm/Squid/Peeler Crab/Shrimp/Sandeel
Conditions: Overcast at first, with a bit of rain shortly after arriving, then a bit of sun towards the end.
Result: Blank

Myself and my uncle decided to hit Laytown beach today, weed was absolutely horrendous! Spent most of the time picking weed off the lines. We got rained on too. I waided too deep in my wellies and got a bootfull of soup. I had one good bite but she dropped off. So not the best fishing session but still had a good laugh.

Re: Laytown Beach 14.06.2020 - Blank

Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:54 pm

A boot of soup! Must be up there with weeds, hungry crabs and a blank. I got a pair of Magreel chest waders on Amazon for about 30 odd quid and they have been great, would defo recommend them.

Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:58 pm

Sharky Shark wrote:A boot of soup! Must be up there with weeds, hungry crabs and a blank. I got a pair of Magreel chest waders on Amazon for about 30 odd quid and they have been great, would defo recommend them.

Ah yeah I have a good pair of waders but they're not breathable, and the sun was splitting down before I left so I decided against them today :lol:

Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:03 pm

Told ya gonzo u want some decent advice on that general area PM me!!

Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:00 am

That bit of East wind churned up the water, the weed is usually still there along the north county beahes for a few days afterwards.
When it's bad like that, one way of fishing through it is keep the rod in your hands and hold it up clear of the weed , waders help as most of the weed is in the first 10 metres of the surf..