High Rock Malahide Night Session 26.05.2020 - Round 2

Tue May 26, 2020 3:42 am

When: 26/05/2020
Where: High Rock Pier Malahide
Duration: 22:30-02:30
High Water: 02:25
Equipment: 12ft beachcaster & 11ft bass rod - 2/0 two hook flapper rigs with beads/attractors & 4oz bucket leads. Bite detection bells/lights.
Bait: Ragworm tipped with squid.
Conditions: Warm with a slight SE breeze.
Result: 3 smoothhound and a dogfish.

Dug a lb of ragworm at low tide this evening for another round of fishing at high rock tonight, after getting setup I was waiting maybe 15 minutes before the bells go off, this fish was really putting up a fight so it had to be something good! And it was! A nice little starry smoothhound, a first for me and I'm really happy I've got one. Next fish on was a few minutes later, another smoothie of similar size, then I got a huge dogfish, probably my biggest so far, I lost 2 fish dropping off while reeling in close in, one had to be a smoothie with the fight it put up. Toward the end of the session I got another little smoothhound. All of the smoothies went back after a few photos and I kept the dogfish for the table!

Although the smoothies were pretty small I think I can get some bigger ones here if I increase my hook and bait size :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: High Rock Malahide Night Session 26.05.2020 - Round 2

Tue May 26, 2020 3:43 am

And a pic of the dogfish :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 26, 2020 12:14 pm

Well done on the hounds :wink:

Tue May 26, 2020 11:13 pm

Well done, nice to see the Smoothies showing. Will have to get collecting a few crab and get after them some evening.