Gormanstown

Thu May 07, 2020 10:53 pm

Venue:gormanstown
Tide:dropping
Time:11-1.30
Bait:wraps eels mac and crab
Results :blank
Haven't put up a post for a while after the 2km limit decided to try a beach I've never fished when I got there it was a lovely surf but full off weed no fish no bites but I enjoyed it
Fintan

Re: Gormanstown

Fri May 08, 2020 9:40 am

Probably better fishing with rag or blow lug on gormanston and later in the evening into dark is best

Fri May 08, 2020 11:20 am

Has anyone fished the reefs just south of Braymore Point - essentially around the Sailors Grave.
Using Google Maps you can see some nice shelving scattered reef running out about 100m, so good for a long throw.
Alternatively, something I would be keen to try, is the deeper water reef lying about 200m offshore directly off Braymore Point - that would be very easily within my reach using our Phantom 4 for dropping either baits or flukes onto the reef.

Fri May 08, 2020 11:37 am

Bremore head is fairly shallow ,never got anything decent there,the cardy rocks are not much better I’m afraid ,only ever got small pollack and mackerel

Fri May 08, 2020 6:07 pm

Ive never blanked at gormanstown or laytown. Never got anything too big either. Generally flounder at gormanstown and always with the tide coming to full. Laytown I've only caught 3 hrs before full dont know if that's the norm as iv fished gormanstown about 8 times and laytown about 12 times

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Fri May 08, 2020 10:01 pm

Generally it's the first two hours of the flood on those beaches that fish best. Theres some cracking bass and seatrout to be had. My PB from laytown was an 8lb bass and 6lb Seatrout. Mate of mine had a 10lb bass in laytown a few years ago it was some fish!

Fri May 08, 2020 11:09 pm

Fished breamore point tonight, nothing, crabs stripping the hooks in minutes. I’d say to could be good for hounds later in the year with the rite tide. Nice to get out but pity about the blank!

Sat May 09, 2020 8:21 am

Couldn't travel to get rag just went out to blow away the cobwebs

Sat May 09, 2020 8:21 am

Couldn't travel to get rag just went out to blow away the cobwebs

Sat May 09, 2020 10:43 am

cd07 wrote:Generally it's the first two hours of the flood on those beaches that fish best. Theres some cracking bass and seatrout to be had. My PB from laytown was an 8lb bass and 6lb Seatrout. Mate of mine had a 10lb bass in laytown a few years ago it was some fish!
The first 2 hrs of the flood. That would be a long way out wouldn't it

Sat May 09, 2020 10:56 am

Yep it's a fair walk in down to the water! Usually worth it though!

Sat May 09, 2020 12:48 pm

Tides are good for that tonight and tomorrow night. Tomorrow will be a bigger surf so wondering would that be better

Sat May 09, 2020 2:22 pm

Bigger surf definitely helps on laytown for sure!

Sun May 10, 2020 2:23 pm

Plenty of surf now

Sun May 10, 2020 2:27 pm

Does anyone ever get anything on lugworm on Gormo/laytown,I’ve caught on razor and rag but never get much on lug,pity as lug is easy to get

Sun May 10, 2020 2:50 pm

Nope never got a touch on lug on those beaches man

Sun May 10, 2020 3:29 pm

Got flounder on lug there

Sun May 10, 2020 4:44 pm

eoghanb wrote:Plenty of surf now
Just back from there
Plenty surf is rightImage