Non Essential travel

Sun May 03, 2020 8:36 pm

Looking at some of the Fishing reports the 2 kl from home rule seems to have been cancelled ?

Re: Non Essential travel

Mon May 04, 2020 10:59 am

Perhaps we're looking at the metric equivalent of "country" miles!

Mon May 04, 2020 11:51 am

I do think the idea of a "country mile" should be looked at. Dublin has a population of nearly 5k per square kilometer where as rural Ireland has a population of less than 80 per km2 in parts. So how is travelling 2km in Dublin carrying the same risk as a 2km in country?
Also being the cities and able to travel 2-20km generally gives access to alot of amenities but 2-20km in the country will give you access to almost nothing.

So the current road map has people in the Lessley density and Infected areas stuck at home for the longest period.

Mon May 04, 2020 12:03 pm

Maybe kingfisher thinks he knows where everyone lives. The mouth of the boyne is near my house and the police checkpoints have no problem with me fishing there in the evenings

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Mon May 04, 2020 12:39 pm

Yes well technically I broke the rules to go to Howth last week to fish alone but I could have argued I was going for food. Other than that portrane is within the limit for me.

Mon May 04, 2020 12:48 pm

Maybe kingfisher was not talking about you Kenf41,Child like response life-death for some, or wait a few weeks to go fishing take your pick.

Mon May 04, 2020 12:58 pm

GONZO looking at your reports I think you should buy fish in the shops or starve.

Mon May 04, 2020 1:01 pm

Fail to see how its life or death,they travel alone directly to their spot, remain alone and return alone. Life and death is going to the supermarket at the weekend.

Mon May 04, 2020 1:02 pm

Fishing is allowed within you're area. About 7 people fish the boyne estuary most evenings. They are all locals and are at least 200 metres apart never mind 2. I dont think there's much danger there. During the day is a different story. I cant bring my dogs for a run there due to the amount of people flocking to the beach and I'm pretty sure most are not local.

Mon May 04, 2020 1:05 pm

Just like a fishing comp rules are rules if everyone bends the rules the numbers would be different.

Mon May 04, 2020 1:51 pm

Lads I can tell you the most dangerous place you can go at the moment is the supermarket. Since the lockdown started, the only place we have been apart from our house is the supermarket, and yet my wife still got COVID.
Thankfully she is on the mend now, but the powers that be would spend their time better coming up with more effective measures in supermarkets then worrying about someone travelling alone to fish alone miles away from anyone.

Mon May 04, 2020 2:04 pm

shortcircuit wrote:Lads I can tell you the most dangerous place you can go at the moment is the supermarket. Since the lockdown started, the only place we have been apart from our house is the supermarket, and yet my wife still got COVID.
Thankfully she is on the mend now, but the powers that be would spend their time better coming up with more effective measures in supermarkets then worrying about someone travelling alone to fish alone miles away from anyone.
I glad to hear she's on the mend. I agree fully about the supermarket. I'm wary on footpaths even with joggers breathing heavily going by. My son is living with us and is on dyalisis so I avoid crowded areas as much as possible.i feel perfectly safe down at the estuary when most people have gone home for the night

Mon May 04, 2020 2:29 pm

shortcircuit wrote:Lads I can tell you the most dangerous place you can go at the moment is the supermarket. Since the lockdown started, the only place we have been apart from our house is the supermarket, and yet my wife still got COVID.

1000%, doing the weekly shop is like playing Russian roulette.

I can drive 12km to que for 30minutes get takeaway food and cocktails, but drive over 2km to stand by yourself and you get a day in court.

Mon May 04, 2020 3:11 pm

Kingfisher wrote:GONZO looking at your reports I think you should buy fish in the shops or starve.

Too right with the amount of money I spent on catching zero fish could have bought a years worth of cod fillets lol

Mon May 04, 2020 3:20 pm

Lads was not out to upset anybody just conversation, hope anyone not well gets better soon. Looking forward to getting out soon and catching some fish. p.s. can anyone give Gonzo some lessons :D

Mon May 04, 2020 3:52 pm

Good tides this week. Easterly blow
I wouldnt mind trying portrane with lug and razor but it's too far from me so I'm going to try local again but on the beach side. I'll look for a rip between 2 sand banks and catch loads.

Mon May 04, 2020 7:34 pm

kenf41 wrote:Good tides this week. Easterly blow
I wouldnt mind trying portrane with lug and razor but it's too far from me so I'm going to try local again but on the beach side. I'll look for a rip between 2 sand banks and catch loads.

Easterly winds forecast nearly all week, is this good or bad for fishing the Dublin area?

Mon May 04, 2020 10:08 pm

Should be very positive. I plan on walking a few rocky areas with a spinning rod in desperate hope of a much needed bass.

Mon May 04, 2020 11:47 pm

As expected. Caught loads

Of seaweed

Tue May 05, 2020 11:47 am

03 April 2020
#Stayathome.
IFI angling guidelines that have been issued are to facilitate those that wish to take angling as their brief exercise while at all times following Government and HSE guidelines relating to social distancing.
IFI offers further clarification as follows:
1. Fishing for a brief period means no more than an hour to an hour and a half
2. Fish in a location less than or equal to 2 km from your home

3. Driving to fish is considered non-essential travel and therefore it is NOT APPROPRIATE for people to drive to a location whether within 2 kms or further from home for the purpose of fishing.
4. Fish only where you have permission to fish - do not enter into private fisheries
5. Use only legal methods
6. Where you intend to fish club waters, check that they are open for fishing ( even if they are within 2km, they may not be open).

These are the guidelines/rules laid down by IFI please adhere to them.

If you do not give a shite about other people that’s fine you live with it but do not go posting on this site about your heroic day out where you ducked the Gardaí and got the jump Covid-19 and may have put other peoples lives in danger.