Howth East Pier 21.04.2020

Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:42 pm

When: 21/04/2020
Where: Howth East Pier rocks under the small lighthouse
Duration: 18:30-21:30
Hide Water: 00:02
Lure: Float Fishing with a scented powerbait worm & dexter wedge spinners.
Result: Blank

Brought 2 light spinning rods down the east pier in Howth to try out my new float and spinners. Tide was a bit too low when I got there so I went to the end of the pier and sat down for a bit and geared up the new float. After an hour I was finally able to get close enough to the water to cast. I put one rod out with the float and used the other rod to fish a 20g dexter wedge. Not long into the session a seal pops his head up pretty close in, he had a live dogfish in his mouth while just staring at me, dogfish flapping about, he dove under the water and came back up with dogfish still in his mouth, he then devoured the thing right in front of me, got a good laugh. Sun set and I packed it in without a fish.

Re: Howth East Pier 21.04.2020

Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:12 am

I heard rogerstown was good for bait. I have always dug in dollymount as I know decent spots there as I grew up on that island. Now that I'm confined to mornington it's not so easy to find. The place is littered with dead crabs though. Dunno why this is

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Re: Howth East Pier 21.04.2020

Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:43 pm

kenf41 wrote:I heard rogerstown was good for bait. I have always dug in dollymount as I know decent spots there as I grew up on that island. Now that I'm confined to mornington it's not so easy to find. The place is littered with dead crabs though. Dunno why this is

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Yeah Rogerstown is brilliant for ragworm at low tide, I've heard it's also great for peeler crab.