Rogerstown 18/04/2020

Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:26 am

When: 18/04/2020
Where: Rogerstown Estuary on Portrane side
Duration: 17:30-21:30
Hide Water: 22:15
Lure: 3 rods, 2 beachcasters with mackerel baits on 3 hook flappers and then used a sinking lure on my spinning rod while waiting for bites.
Result: Foul hooked a baby flounder.. again..

Went down to my local mark again today (there almost every day this week lol) this time I brought my full beach fishing setup with 14ft & 12ft beachcasters and my new 9ft spinning rod. Setup the beachcasters with 3 hook flappers and mackerel strips as bait while hoping to catch a flounder large enough to eat. After setting those up I then went to work with my spinning rod with the sinking lure. I think I was maybe 5 casts in and I foul hooked a baby flounder again (same as yesterday). It keeps happening when I reel in slowly close in as there is a small sandbar maybe 15-20 meters out I must be sweeping them up on.

Anyways there was a good bit of seaweed gathering on my lines so after changing baits twice I packed up the beachcasters and just fished the spinning rod for a while. After another hour with no joy and rain picking up I decided to head home. Until next time!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Rogerstown 18/04/2020

Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:41 pm

Nice spot to fish there! Lucky it's on your doorstep!

Re: Rogerstown 18/04/2020

Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:12 pm

at least you got the flounder