Rogerstown Day 3

Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:09 pm

When: 17/04/2020
Where: Rogerstown Estuary on Portrane side
Duration: 17:30-21:00
Hide Water: 21:25
Lure: Mix of German sprat spinner, sinking sandeel bass lure and floating crankbait bass lure.
Result: Foul hooked a baby flounder..

Showed up to the mark at 17:30 and it appears two other anglers showed up at the same time, after about 30 minutes I noticed 3 more guys turned up so there was a group of 5 people fishing together. I kept my distance anyway. A few casts in I somehow caught a peeler crab on my sinking sandeel lure, then not too long after that I foul hooked a tiny baby flounder (pic attached) for technically my first fish of the year :D

The group of lads got bored very quickly and left after only fishing for about an hour, leaving beer bottles and trash all over the beach :x

But anyway I kept fishing for a few hours after they left but failed to catch anything else.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Rogerstown Day 3

Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:50 pm

That is what I call fishing on the bottom stick a floating bead on one of the treble hook points this should keep it of just enough to fish for the bigger fish
mickser

Re: Rogerstown Day 3

Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:44 am

I am not suggesting you do this but those small baby flounder are a phenomenal bass bait... saw people down in the estuary in Wexford scampering around with small nets wondering what they were collecting. Peered into the bucket - a dozen or so tiny flounder. You can also pick up really good imitation soft plastics for spinning with a keel weight which will do the trick without any flouder-cide...