Local Mayo mark 08.04.20

Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:27 pm

People: Myself & I

Bait: Inismara lidl mackerel

Weather: Moderate Southerly's and decreasing

Tide: HW@19:00pm

Poped down to a local mark of mine near my home. Brought a packet of lidl mackerel with me and away i went. Fished from 6pm untill about 8:30pm.Had to fish from the grass due to the extremely large tides.

This mark is more of a summer spot and on into the harvest for better fishing. At its best it throws up a good array of species.However i wanted to see if any the larger Dabs had arrived onto the ground as thats all i predicted with my bait quality

First cast seen me take a small dab and flounder. From there on in it was all small quality dabs. Uped the bait sizes to see if i could pick the larger fellas out but to of no avail. Managed 1 at around 28/30 mark but that was really it

Still thou managed to pluck about 25 fish in about 2.5 hours or under so it wasnt by all means not fun

Wind died down at around 8:15pm and the midjees turned up so it was time for home

Just to clear up any curiosity. I live within a stone throw of the sea and am blessed to have fishing spots within the restriction areas...i fish alone and dont interfer with anyone else. So this weekend will be our biggest challenge...we can all do it and once we get through this , the fish will not know what his hit them when we come out in force

Cheers
Brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Local Mayo mark 08.04.20

Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:17 am

Good stuff.. 25 fish is some going,..

Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:03 am

What a result, that's great fishing!

Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:51 pm

great fishing Brian, you're lucky to be so close to the sea!

Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:08 pm

Great little session Brian, I think there's a lot of people craving something similar. I find myself looking at the fish in my aquarium in a slightly different way these days.......

Fri May 08, 2020 4:03 am

Little beauties