Catch per unit effort 15, 18/19_03_20

Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:35 pm

We all supposedly have loads of time on our hands so here is a report from my lazy self

Its a funny old game - i remember from university days this phrase CPUE and i know its changed greatly over the decades in relation to shore angling

15th, I did the 20 min drive to my nearest beach, on a neap, no surf, dead - more in an effort to get out of the house and i hadnt fished in weeks with storms and comps falling to the virus

conditions very poor and even poorer bait but had a sea trout from the first cast mid 20s - happy out - usually a blank or a few flounder here
then another 39cm - happy days and another 31
in between i had a flounder 27 and 33 cm - what a result for little effort :!: :idea:

then i planned a trip south to kerry for spurs and huss - 4 hours driving down, 5 hours blank on a rock mark and then 3 hours on a beach for two mid 20s coalies
kip in the van and up early and another beach session - 3 small founders

then back to the rock mark, two more lads there with tales of an 18lb the day before...
another 5 hours and not a sausage between the 3 of us
4 hours home - think the next session will be local :?
or not depending on lock down :x :cry: :|

took a pic of one of the flounder that had these mad blue specs over the eye, but the phone camera didnt pick it up - ever see that before :?:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Catch per unit effort 15, 18/19_03_20

Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:36 pm

Deadly report and a nice few trout which is always nice. And fair play for the drive to Kerry be planning a trip to beara for an over night soon. Your first fishing trip with the trout may I ask here that was. Thinking of heading to Morriscastle tomorrow

Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:05 pm

That was galway bay for the white trout - i wouldnt dare recommend the drive to anyone in the hopes of a trout
usually if not a blank, its sub 20 cm flounder or a 5 beard rockling or a small coalie

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:09 pm

Well done Corbyeire! great effort andit deserved more reward but excellent report as always.

Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:15 pm

Any joy in Morriscastle?