They are on the way Part III

Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:46 pm

Oct 19th. West Waterford shore mark
Fishing, 15:30 to 17:30
Low water, 15:50
Bait, Crab
Rigs, 2 hook clipdown and pulley rig

Back at it again today for a daylight session. A stop off on the way to do a quick pick for crab and it was Happy Days.
When I arrived there were 2 anglers already fishing there so a quick exchanged for “how’s it going caught anything yet” the reply came back “just the one” 8)
First bait in the water for 15:30 and before I could get a second rod out of the bag it was fish on and it kept that way for the next half hour. With 4 landed in that mad burst I eventually got the second rod in the water.
153428.jpg

154225.jpg

155215.jpg

160522.jpg

That was a bad call now I had 2 rods hopping on the rod stand. Got both fish in and decided to go back to plan A one man one rod. :(
The man from the EU will be calling on me soon to impose cod quotas :lol:
161320.jpg

For the next 45 minutes the fish were on the small size with 4 of the fish around the 30-33cm mark.
Then this fellow turned up.
164728.jpg

After that bass it was back to the smaller sized cod with a dogfish added.
This was getting a bit monotonous so it was time for the “flounder walk” :roll: that didn’t last long as the rod and stand went crashing to the ground. :oops: Lifted into the fish, now we’re into something that wants to fight back. It was easy as she goes as the fish started to show about 20’ out this was what I thought was a fine cod. It was not until it was about 10’ out that I realised that it was a big bass. :oops: Now it was steady as she goes and if this fish wanted to run then it was off you go. :) I owned the hook and the trace and I had full intentions of getting it back so I eased the fish into slacker water and gently coaxed it onto the beach. A quick photo on the measuring mat and up on the scales it was back in to the water.
spec 172458.jpg

Measured at 78cm and weighed 10.5lb. that specimen bass #5 to my collection. :D :D :D

As I had a baited trace ready I sent it back out into tide. It was time to light up a cigar and calm down. Reeled in the last cast as the fish on the end of it was annoying the angler next to me. His cry of “you got a fish on” got a reply of “yep and I have a hook on the line as well so it’s going nowhere". :lol:

Not a bad 2 hour session close about 15 cod, 2 bass, and a dogfish.

Stopped off on the way home for another quick pick but this was in the Lidl. With that kind of fishing I had to do the Lotto
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: They are on the way Part III

Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:49 pm

Nice one Donal, hope it goes like that for me when I get out

Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:47 am

Only 3 certainties in life; death, taxes & Dommo lashing cod out of it ;)

Cracker of a bass aswell, you must be beaching out Donal :) :) :)

Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:07 am

alby wrote:Only 3 certainties in life; death, taxes & Dommo lashing cod out of it ;)

Cracker of a bass as well, you must be beaching out Donal :) :) :)

On the way out the door for a comp. Leave the check-in at 08:30 back for 17:00. Rambler, minimum fish size 30cm, edible only.

I left my shadow there yesterday to hold my spot :lol: :lol:

Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:33 pm

Well, Part lll didn't disappoint!

Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:53 pm

Well done Donal I can only dream of catching fish like that but it is a great read when I see someone else doing it keep up the parts 4/5/6/7/8/9/10 or as long as you can great to read it
mickser

Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:05 pm

Fair play Donal

Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:47 pm

mickser wrote:Well done Donal I can only dream of catching fish like that but it is a great read when I see someone else doing it keep up the parts 4/5/6/7/8/9/10 or as long as you can great to read it
mickser

Time to close down this as they are no longer "on the way". :o 8)
The next one up will come under the heading of "Time to do a weekly stock take" or maybe "Time to take some of the stock" :lol: :lol:

Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:38 pm

If I had a session like that I’d think I died and went to heaven :) cracking fish.

Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:27 pm

Super fishing pal well done

Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:51 am

Amazing session Donal well done, you must be buzzing. Happy Days

Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:33 am

what a session, only time i ever had that many fish in 2 hours was mackerel...

Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:26 pm

great fishing Donal nice to see a dogfish made an appearance too... almost a dream session!

Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:47 pm

Class report donal. Is it just me or is there an influx of reports recently?

Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:25 pm

m.b3 wrote:great fishing Donal nice to see a dogfish made an appearance too... almost a dream session!

Feckoff :lol: the only time I don't mind seeing a dogfish is when it comes in as double with a silver fellow. 8)

Pic from last nights session :D

20191022_203830.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.