Blown out of it, weeded out of it and jellied out of it…

Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:51 am

I had to abort the location I had in mind last week. Arriving at the spot and attempting to fish saw casts only last a minute or two before the weed carried the whole lot along with the tide. No fun. A little stuck for time I was tempted to just go straight home but a look at a less exposed location changed my mind. It was worth a try.

Nothing for an hour, so fed up I lay the rig out parallel to the sea and gave it a good whack into the wind for what was supposed to be my last cast...

Not long after and a rattling bite produced this little fella.

One more cast I thought. The rod was only in the stand and it went right over- a bass of 44cm. Tried again and another bass similar size. The three fish took straight lug. Unfortunately I REALLY had to head home by this stage so called it a day. Overall bad fishing but a few welcome fish even if it was all over in 15 minutes!

A lot of portuguese man of war jellyfish around the west cork coastline recently and quite a few where here before the 'hurricane'.

Re: Blown out of it, weeded out of it and jellied out of it…

Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:25 am

wouldn't call that a bad session. those are species hard come by on the north coast. Would call that a great session up here, lol
Pretty cool to see the pmow too

Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:58 am

I should have got a pic of the jellyfish but there were black clouds on the horizon and a bit of a walk to the wheels. I can't sit easy- an hour twiddling my thumbs with no fish is painful!

Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:42 am

Two bass and a gilt head woefull ;)