swilly pier 17 july 2019

Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:46 pm

Long sad story, midday tide so no rush, drove to buncranna to get some mackerel from my German shop and in passing had a look at pier no people fishing but decided to give lenen pier a bash but soon as i got there i found the wind was blowing full in the face and a strong wind at that and on this pier a real pain in the you know what.
Packed up and went back to buncranna pier wind no problems here to finish this tale it was a very poor day one dogfish and one mackerl taken on a float fishing a mack sliver at six feet depth, flys and spinnners form the locals did not catch anything wind and tide dropped so went home for dinner, not a blank day that all I can say.

Re: swilly pier 17 july 2019

Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:03 pm

Thats fishing, its not always champagne angling - the average is what your after - not the fish tales of moby dick
hard lines

Re: swilly pier 17 july 2019

Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:15 am

Bit late the macks were this year at come in. But when the did I havnt seen nout like it on the big spring thde end on August there the macks were jumping on the pier I kid u not. Lifted over 100 seams a lot but as I'm 10 mins away from fahan I love the rays and stocks go down quick. Plus some for the table.