Kerry Husstlin'

Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:10 pm

ber

New

Hi all, still been at it but had a bit of a hiatus from the forums and just been posting on IG. So this is unfortunately not exclusively a fishing trip unfortunately so having to pick my sessions and target species carefully. I've never caught a decent sized bull huss, dropped one of to a small straightened hook off Limerick Point last summer fishing for plaice and it's haunted me ever since. So I've been waiting a long time to put that right wrong. With other things to do I found myself having to fish the ebb in daylight so wasn't overly hopeful. 1st cast got a great pulldown, hell of a weight coming in, tbought I was sucking diesel but it was my 5oz lead, the lad down from me's 5oz lead, a shed load of tide and an LSD. "Here we go...." I thought. Next bite was fairly convincing as the rod was for going over the wall. Drag loosened a tad and a hell of a scrap, still wasn't counting my chickens but then saw the big fat head break the surface and I knew I was blessed. 7.99lb on the scale, I'll call that 8lb and #shimanomissionaccomplished. No fishing today but hopefully the luck stays with me tomorrow. Had another huss about 4lbs, another LSD and a strap. Lad down from me did similarly but had a thornie too.
Photos to follow once I work out how to post on this fecking phone.

Re: Kerry Husstlin'

Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:06 pm

Sounds like a great session, nice husslin'!

Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:24 pm

Nice one Guer, always great when a plan comes together :)

Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:34 pm

Well done getting the huss they put a good bend in the rod.