Shore Tope 10/07/19

Old Shore Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Moderators: donal domeney, saltydog

Re: Shore Tope 10/07/19

Postby Dave F » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:08 pm

corkconian wrote:
Dave F wrote:Yeah, I thought mono seemed a better plan myself. I'll have to tie up a few rigs and have a go! Might only get one or two outings at this so I'll have to see where's producing come late september or early october.
Are you going to be fishing West or east coast?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Probably East. I'm Wicklow and Dublin based so was thinking of trying Morriscastle or Tinnabearna. I might be down in Kerry for a week too but unlikely to get a full night's fishing there!
Dave F
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 87 times

Postby corkconian » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:24 pm

Dave F wrote:Probably East. I'm Wicklow and Dublin based so was thinking of trying Morriscastle or Tinnabearna. I might be down in Kerry for a week too but unlikely to get a full night's fishing there!

Ah the east coast you have plenty of time to try for them the west coast the start to disappear as the summer moves on

corkconian
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 130 times

Postby Dave F » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:38 pm

corkconian wrote:
Dave F wrote:Probably East. I'm Wicklow and Dublin based so was thinking of trying Morriscastle or Tinnabearna. I might be down in Kerry for a week too but unlikely to get a full night's fishing there!

Ah the east coast you have plenty of time to try for them the west coast the start to disappear as the summer moves on

Ah, that's helpful. I might be in Dingle area for the last week of September. What's worth trying for around there, particularly if I'm limited to short sessions and the like? Any decent chance of ray or huss?
Dave F
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 87 times

Postby corkconian » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:22 am

Dave F wrote:
corkconian wrote:

Ah, that's helpful. I might be in Dingle area for the last week of September. What's worth trying for around there, particularly if I'm limited to short sessions and the like? Any decent chance of ray or huss?
Ray yes , huss not so much. Painted Ray's will be around in Brandon bay in good numbers by then and it's only a 15 min drive from dingle

For this message the author corkconian has received thanks:
Dave F (Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:08 am)
corkconian
SAI Bait Ball

Postby keem » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:06 pm

corkconian wrote:Date: 10/07/19
Tide: 2 hours down over low and 2 hours up
Rigs: 4ft penn pulley , 6/0 hooks, 200lb HL 100 RB
Bait: Fresh Mackerel

Arriving at the mark with some fresh mackerel in tow I had high hopes. Tides were small and the water had some colour to it, skies were overcast and wind was off my back. Conditions seemed perfect. Set up 2 rods both using pennel pulleys and baited them with ¾ of a mackerel (I like to take the tail section off) . Casting as far as i could I battled through the crabs to keep bait on the hooks. With fresh baits going out every 15 mins the tide started to slow down the drag was backed off to basically nothing. It wasnt long before the ratchet screamed off. The fish took a huge initial run , running straight as an arrow away from me. After some maneuvering around the second rods line the fish was landed. Got A quick photo and got it straight back in the water. Didnt want to keep it out long as it had put up such a good fight so didnt get a weight or measurement but estimate it at 35lbs. Delighted with the result. Its been my second fish from this mark with the previous one being smaller at 152cm(estiimated at 30lb) Fished the rest of the tide with no more fish but happy it has produced again.

Well done Id say that was fun. Nice fish
Too many lures ... not enough time...
keem
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 65 times

Postby corkconian » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:08 pm

Certainly was
corkconian
SAI Bait Ball

Previous