garryvoe

Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:59 pm

Had to go to Garryvoe on Friday night to check out the beach to make it would be fishable for the Munster Open Shore which was on today.
We all know what happened at the master angler fish-offs where anglers found that when the tide came in they had to come off the beach as they could no longer fish at their peg. To make sure everything would be up to scratch I got there at low water and stayed for two and a half hours of the flood to see how high the tide would get.

To pass away the time I took a few casts as one would do. Doing the hound I set up two rods heart attack fishing only reeled once without a fish on. Ended up with 8 dogs, 2 bass, 1 painted ray, 1 coalfish, 1 whiting and 1 flounder a good marker for today’s comp

painted ray.jpg

doubler.jpg

another doubler.jpg

best bass.jpg

flounder.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: garryvoe

Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:56 am

Superb fishing well done

Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:37 pm

Excellent fishing and dedication!

Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:27 am

Serious fishing. Great mix.

Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:02 pm

Nice one some cracking fish there.

Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:59 pm

That little sortie paid of. 8)
The next day the Munster Open Shore was fished at the same venue. Once it hit dusk it was crab at distance for dogs ended up with 6 dogs and a 44cm coalfish. The coalie got me the longest round and with the help of the 6 dogs I walked away with the Gold Medal :D :D :D

Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:16 pm

donal domeney wrote:That little sortie paid of. 8)
The next day the Munster Open Shore was fished at the same venue. Once it hit dusk it was crab at distance for dogs ended up with 6 dogs and a 44cm coalfish. The coalie got me the longest round and with the help of the 6 dogs I walked away with the Gold Medal :D :D :D

You should have been there yesterday!